Pick-up coil wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick-up coil wires

In case you were wondering, here's how Yamaha connected the flexible pick-up coil wires to regular wiring inside the wiring harness - crimp connectors.

Getting a start tonight on stripping off the old shrink wrap and cleaning up the wires. Then I'll clean or replace all of the brass connectors and any of the plastic blocks that have discolored or gone brittle.

Ken Talbot

Where do you get the clothlike insulation and shrinkwrap? Last night I replaced the wires to my 80G. I I had known that they were that short, Iwould have just spliced in my wire there. (The break was down inside the cloth) I Think it would be worth it to redo all of the wires completely if I could get similar cloth insulation to go around all of the wires.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

The braided sleeving is available from Mcmaster

www.mcmaster.com

search for "Braided Polyester Mesh Sleeving "

Comment

I picked up shrink wrap in 3 foot lengths from Lordco, one of our local automotive supply shops. NAPA also carries a similar product. A decent electric heat gun with variable temperature setting really makes the shrinking part easy. Some of the less expensive guns only have one or two settings and will sometimes shrink too much if you're not careful and apply too much heat for too long.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
        X