Pics of a 1980 XS11 LG, PLEASE?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of a 1980 XS11 LG, PLEASE?!?!

I have a 1980 XS1100 LG (SN: 4H3-003288) and I am restoring it. I need as many pictures of an LG model as possible, preferably stock photos of how the bike left the factory. At this point though, I'll take any LG photos. I need them in order to restore the bike to its original setup (electrical, chassis, etc.).

Thanks in advance for ANY help that you all can be.

- Steve

look here
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=12091
    or here

http://www.xs11.com/pix/1980lg.shtml
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

Restore

Got one my self (80LG),
      second XS I ran across and have been accumulating parts for a restore. Personally think it's the coolest XS, and then the XJ is pretty nice.

Take some pics as you go along the process. Some very Visual type people on this site

mro

Comment

Here's a Factory shot

Yamaha Epic Motorcycles Link
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Re: Pics of a 1980 XS11 LG, PLEASE?!?!

Originally posted by renniks73
            I have a 1980 XS1100 LG (SN: 4H3-003288) and I am restoring it. I need as many pictures of an LG model as possible, preferably stock photos of how the bike left the factory. At this point though, I'll take any LG photos. I need them in order to restore the bike to its original setup (electrical, chassis, etc.).

Thanks in advance for ANY help that you all can be.

- Steve
            Where are you located ?? Here`s a pic of my bone stock midnight
            Attached Files
            04 Roadstar (starglide)
            80 midnight special

Comment

Location of the LG and me!

I'm just outside of Orlando, Florida. Part of the confusion for me is that the bike has gold on the rims but other parts of the bike have silver on the shocks, airbox, etc. Not sure how to proceed in the restoration. I have seen some of the MS's with a silver scheme but not sure if the LG's were with gold only. Info like that would be helpful. Every LG pic I've seen though has the bike with the gold paint scheme. Were there any MS's made that had silver on the airbox, grab bar, and shocks, etc.?

Comment

That was one of Yamaha's weird jokes. They made the Midnight Special with gold wheels, grab bar, airbox panels, carb tops. Then they put emblems on it with chrome letters. The Standards and Specials with chrome parts all over got emblems with gold letters. Go figure.

Did you also notice that the Specials have nice round headlights and signals, with rectangular mirrors, and the Standards have rectangular headlight and signal lights, with round mirrors?
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Re: Location of the LG and me!

Originally posted by renniks73
                  I'm just outside of Orlando, Florida. Part of the confusion for me is that the bike has gold on the rims but other parts of the bike have silver on the shocks, airbox, etc. Not sure how to proceed in the restoration. I have seen some of the MS's with a silver scheme but not sure if the LG's were with gold only. Info like that would be helpful. Every LG pic I've seen though has the bike with the gold paint scheme. Were there any MS's made that had silver on the airbox, grab bar, and shocks, etc.?
                  Everything except the shock springs is gold . All emblems , head light ring , tank trim , grab rail , rear swing arm nut covers , wheels , rotors are all gold. My fenders are black just like the tank . Either the past owner changed the gold pieces to chrome as they fedded away or some one put gold wheels on an SG special that has a black paint job ??? Got any pics of it ???

Gerard
                  Last edited by confish04; 01-10-2007, 10:06 PM.
                  04 Roadstar (starglide)
                  80 midnight special

Comment

this is an 81 but looks wise it is the same as an lg
                    Last edited by dpotter58; 01-11-2007, 07:13 AM.
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

Where's the pic?

Originally posted by dpotter58
                      this is an 81 but looks wise it is the same as an lg
                      Thanks for the info. I tried the link but it wouldn't come up. Let me know if there is a different link.

Thanks

Comment

[/IMG]

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                        X