NEW Horn a coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Horn a coming

A NEW air horn is coming to a place near you. I have been very disappointed in the Motorcycle horn on my XJ1100J Maxim. So I began a quest to find one designed to withstand the rigors of the bike, rain, snows dust etc. One was found in Italy by Stebel Horns S.p.a. They are new and will be available in the U.S.A. soon. Sound level is 139dB and, can be heard three blocks from the blast, Listen cagers! The site to view and hear the sound is at
    http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006_1.htm Click SKIP INTRO, Site is in English.
    Go to PRODUCTS, select TUNING then highlight NAUTILUS-COMPACT TUNING button. The page will appear and show a FLASH picture of the horn in two positions. Great horn and looks good with a chrome and red outlet, did I mention that my bike is Laser Red.

I cannot wait to get one. Is some one in Italy is on this list. Please contact me with the cost and if it can be shipped to me. My contact email is: dell.k@sbcglobal.net.
    The horn comes in black and chrome. I like the chrome one.
    The horn will fit on a bracket attached to the faring mounting bolt locations on the vertical tubing. We fashioned one out of cardboard and it will fit nicely under the tree. Comments very welcome.
    Dell82
    Houston, TX
    82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
    SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Air horn

Check out this company, I ordered mine and had it in two days.
    Balck for $35, chrome for $49.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2137/
    Walt
    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
    79 XS11s
    03 Valkyrie
    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Yea, found that horn also. however the Nautilus Compact TUNING is one they are making to accept water, snows etc directly into the horn. Made specifically for motorcycle mounting, as the add says though. I will keep the Compact in mind if cannot get the TUNING version.
      Where did you mount the horn, as they are almost the same size.
      Last edited by DELL82; 01-04-2007, 02:23 PM.
      Dell82
      Houston, TX
      82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
      SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
      SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
      SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Comment

Horn

I bought mine for my Valkyrie (the XS makes enough noise without using the horn). It bolts on the same bracket as the original horn. Of course I had to get the chrome horn to match the rest of the engine. Some on the Valk forum mentioned seperating the horn from the compressor and mounting the compressor under the seat. I think that I'll try that next time I take the tank off.
        Walt
        80 XS11s - "Landshark"
        79 XS11s
        03 Valkyrie
        80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
        78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
        81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Fiamm makes some killer loud horns. Cheap at most auto parts stores, $18 to $22. I wired mine in using the stock wiring and the supplied relay.

Sidenote: Last season I put a "electronic" horn on my boat. Boasted 135db and I believe 'em. Needed no relay. Sounds like the horn you hear from cop cars. With a little head scratchin, I bet I can mount one on the XS. In the meantime, the Fiamms are killer.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I bought replacement Nikko horns from JCWhitney. They look nice, are an exact fit replacement and together give out 120DB. They work like a champ, as the friend I nearly made jump out of his shoes will tell you. I don't think he will ever brave "inspecting my headers" again!

Was like $29 for the pair (high/low) in chrome.

Anyone ever seen the train horn you can get for your car?

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

Funny stuff!
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

would'nt a headlight modulator be better than covering the horn botton while going thru and intersection?
              "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400