tank emblems, left same as right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank emblems, left same as right?

i noticed the emblems has holes that don't line up in a straight line, i bought some on ebay and i think they are for the same sides,

but all the junk ones i have, have holes the same way, any opinions?

they are new old stock and silver and are for specials i think, i may let to the highest offer. i ride a standard.
    "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
    History
    85 Yamaha FJ 1100
    79 yamaha xs1100f
    03 honda cbr 600 f4
    91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

I think you've actually bought some NOS golfcart emblems. IIRC, the only XS11 emblems that came with silver letters were the Midnight Special emblems.

Have you thought about gluing a cut-off screw head into the holes in the new emblem, then attaching them with special two-sided tape?
    Ken Talbot

Comment

master minds

well i don't know if the classic nepolean hill applys here but diffenatley your head is better than mine, oh ah, or i meant 2 heads are better than one.

that maybe an option, i'm pricing paint jobs and customs are 2 k and up i don't know if the final effect would even be worth it and shoot that's alot of dough for all at once, www.buckwildpaint.com he's local

on the other hand the bike is diff worth it, that old nag,no one heard me say that. can really excite me!

what the average pricing for a single color, any comments?
      History
      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
      79 yamaha xs1100f
      03 honda cbr 600 f4
      91 yamaha fzr 600
      84 yamaha fj 1100
      82 yamaha seca 750
      87 yamaha fazer
      86 yamaha maxim x
      82 yamaha vision
      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Im sure that they will be willing to do it cheaper for you if you only want one color, but looking at that work they do... it is worth every penny.

Those are some of the coolest flames and pinstripes I've seen.
        "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Comment

Mason,
          The paint alone can cost close to $400, and then you need to look at the labor. If you can get a "candy" or single paint color for $1,200, do it. up here, it would cost me about $2,000 for a regular paint job, and over $3,000 for custom work.
          The paint on my bike has been done by the owner, and is only half done for now. The money you spend is up to you, but you need to think about how long you plan on keeping the bike, and what you want it to look like.
          Ray
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

hi ray,

any rallies lately? you do have a point, this bike is a great platform in which an enthusist can vent his tinkering frustrations,
            don't my brains hurt sometimes trying to figure the mighty xs1100 out, you guys are just a nessesary crutch. it is one and the same, to have an eleven is to have you and to have you is to keep the eleven.

newer machines translate into bigger dollar upgrades, a problem i avoided by our vintage, our bikes are a few hundred dollars every now and again and it runs like stink.

this is diffenately a keeper, air cooled, 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, shaft drive do-it-all, reliable cruise missile,

the quartet of pectoral chromege bursting forward in a treatening
            bank of reminder that this can and will snort up some serious white lines, and in it's wake, poser twins sputtering to keep up while struggling to keep it together.

affordable yes , cheap never, high dollar paint maybe...
            History
            85 Yamaha FJ 1100
            79 yamaha xs1100f
            03 honda cbr 600 f4
            91 yamaha fzr 600
            84 yamaha fj 1100
            82 yamaha seca 750
            87 yamaha fazer
            86 yamaha maxim x
            82 yamaha vision
            78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

If you ask you might find someone that can do a candy job for considerably less than 1200 with candy flames.
              78 standard

81 midnight special

Comment

Working...
              X