Need some coil help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some coil help

OK... I've done a search but I havn't found this particular set of coils. Will these work on my XJ? I like the design and I will use them if they'll work but when it comes to electrical stuff I'm a little lost. Please help.

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/cruiser_coils.htm

Thanx
    Jake
    82 XJ1100 "Slave One"

Hey Mort,

Yes, those coils will work with your XJ, however unless you want to spend a lot of $$, you might want to check out MikesXS site. Their coils for the later 650's with Electronic Ignition uses the dual tower 3.0 ohm coils for a much better price. IT's part # 17-6703 at only $28.00 ea!! Your choice.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Part of that price difference is the output of the OEM vs the performance coil.
      OEM 15,000 volts
      Dyna 45,000 volts
      I did feel a difference in the "seat of the pants" if you're looking for that kind of thing. The OEM works too, like OEM should.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Hey Pat,

Mikes lists them as HIGH OUTPUT for the TCI systems vs. the Standard ones used for the earlier 650 breaker points sytem! Regrettably they don't list the actual KVolts output, but you're probably right in that they probably match the output of the later XJ coils since they, too, were for a TCI type system! I've got a set to put on the basket case that I'll be "trying" to rebuild this spring!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanx

Thanks for all the help. Hey TC are those coils from Mikes XS just for a 650 or will they work on my 1100 too? Again thanks for all your help. You Gurus are awsome, you've always got an answer for us mortals.
          Jake
          82 XJ1100 "Slave One"

Comment

The coils all do just one thing...create a spark. How hot a spark is determined by the number of windings. The ones from Mikes will work just fine, and should bolt right up.

Comment

Working...
            X