Dunlop K627

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop K627

OK, I'm getting really confused about this tire. I looked at the Dunlop website, and they recommend a 16in tire for my 78 XS11, and of course the rear wheel is a 17.....So I was checking out the different tires, and found a 130/90H17 in the Dunlop K627. further research indicates it is a bias ply tire, I couldn't determine if it is tubless or not, and I couldn't find any mention of anyone using one here on the website. I did determine that the tire on my bike now is an elite, with a really bald area down the middle!
    Some of the info on the K627 (Qualifier) says it is an oem tire for goldwings and other large cruisers, but the really odd thing is the Dunlop website does not list a 130/90H17....only an H16. here is the site I bought the tire from http://www.accessoryinternational.co...&Store_Code=AI
    The name on the site is Motorcycle accessories. The had the Dunlop for 45.99 plus 18 dollars shipping. I had seen it advertised for over 100 dollars. They claim it is a great all weather tire, and it should be rated high enough for the XS if it will float a Goldwing...
    Any feedback on this???
    Rich C

http://www.motorcycletire.com/Mercha...Category_Code=
    Wow, some really good tire prices on that site!
    The Dunlop K627 looks good, it will be a long lasting tire.

I think that I will try a set of these next time.
    http://www.motorcycletire.com/Mercha...Category_Code=
    I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

This is the lowest price online tire site 've found:

http://americanmototire.com/

Patrick
      The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
      1969 Yamaha DT1B
      Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

what is the metric equivalent for the 3.50/19 front tire?
        Danny

1980 MNS
        1994 GSXR711
        1999 Harley Softail

www.streetdreams.org

Comment

There are 25.4 millimeters to an inch, so a 90mm tire would be about equivalent to a 3.5 inch tire.

Patrick
          The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

ya i understand that, but what about the sidewall aspect ratio, is what i am getting at. i guess i should have been more specific. so does overall dimensions of a 3.50/19, equte to a 90/90-17, 100/90-17 or maybe an 100/80-17. something along those lines is what i was after. what are yall using?
            Danny

1980 MNS
            1994 GSXR711
            1999 Harley Softail

www.streetdreams.org

Comment

I personally have a 110/90-19 Dunlop on the front and a soon to be replaced 130/90-17 Ching **** on the back. From what I've read, I think most folks are running 100/90-19 on the front and 130/90-17 real tires on the rear.

Does that help?

Patrick

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

I have a Dunlop elite ll on the front and run a Shinzo on my converted 17in. rear. For those of you who don't already know, Shinzo is the Yokohama brand, made at the Yokohama factories. It is super sticky, great in the rain, and awesome straighline characteristics. Also very cheap, I got mine installed, new tube, computer balanced for 140.00 out the door. (they did all the labor)

Comment

Hey Gixxer,

The Dunlop site has a table that shows the metric equivalent for their tires, sizes, so you can find out what a 110/90-19 size tire is, which was the stock listing for our bikes, but as a few folk, myself included, have put on the slightly larger 110/90-19 with no problems, more tread, and usually more weight rating as well!
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

dunlop rear

Hey Topcat
                    any idea about why the dunlop site doesn't list the 130/90H17 in the K627, yet I can find the tire for sale on several tire sites, like the one I ordered from? Do you think it is a discontinued size?
                    anybody use a K627 on their bikes?
                    Rich C.

Comment

Re: dunlop rear

Originally posted by 3boatwait
                      Hey Topcat
                      any idea about why the dunlop site doesn't list the 130/90H17 in the K627, yet I can find the tire for sale on several tire sites, like the one I ordered from? Do you think it is a discontinued size?
                      anybody use a K627 on their bikes?
                      Rich C.
                      Rich,

That's what I would assume! I checked, you're right, that size is NOT listed on DUNLOP's site!? SO..you're probably find NOS tires. It's not as good of a tire as the ELITE II's, lower speed rating, thinner tread, lower weight rating! Why go with a tire that's going to be hard to find/replace next time it wears out!?
                      Unless the price is right!
                      T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Dunlops Fitment Guide doesn't list a 17" rear for any of the XS11 models. So I emailed them this

"I was checking the fitment guide for my 80 Yamaha XS1100G and couldn't actually find it listed. I did find a listing for an (XS 1100 S (79-81)) it list a 16 inch tire for the rear which is correct for the XS1100 Specials which include the Midnight Special you also have listed. The 79-81 Standard Models had a 17 inch rear which in 79 was listed as a (4.50H17 Bridgestone 21R2 block)in a Nov 78 Cycle Guide Magazine article.

Can you make a recommendation of a current Dunlop tire in this size and update the fitment guide.

Thanks for your time,
                        Russ Neal
                        North Stonington, CT"

We'll see what they say. I'm running K491's Elite 2's in MT90B17 which call for a 3" rim width. Anybody know what it really is?

Dunlop also has a 17" rear in the D404 130/90HB17 and MAWonline has it for about $53. I never used them on the XS but My Venture came OEM with them there were pretty decent even though they were well worn when I got it. I've since put 491's on and put Elite 3's on it this summer.
                        Russ Neal
                        Milton, NH
                        04 GL1800 ABS
                        04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
                        99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
                        80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
                        83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
                        80 XS1100G(Sold)
                        81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

I'm running K491's Elite 2's in MT90B17 which call for a 3" rim width. Anybody know what it really is?
                          MT means 130 width, MU- 140 and so on.
                          I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

I have a 17" rear and have put the dunlop 404's on front and back. They are working well so far and fit well. I am running tubless in the rear and have a tube in the front. I got them from tiresunlimited.com.
                            "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
                            "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
                            79 XS1100 modified standard
                            Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
                            pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
                            straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
                            new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
                            Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
                            Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
                            owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

Comment

Working...
                            X