Sh-ts and giggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sh-ts and giggles

I was riding with my father in law Friday. When we were filling up at the gas station this guy on a Harley pulled up over by him. I had just finished filling up and pulled away over to the side to wait. When my father in law finished he pulled up next to me and told me the guy asked him "what the hell is that?" My father in laws reply" ITS A HARLEY EATER" I love that old man
    "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
    "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
    79 XS1100 modified standard
    Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
    pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
    straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
    new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
    Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
    Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
    owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

father in law

,,, I love him too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending this thread to all my harley buds

Comment

Back in 89-95 I use to beat the crap out of harleys on my XS.LOL!! Dont get me wrong I try to be cool with everybody but some of the harley riders think they are all that and your rice burner sucks,So I got to show them "how the cow ate the cabbage" Plus I find it hilarious too. I also own a 2006 Hayabusa and they dont even try to race. And hope you guys dont think bad of me, But Personally I HATE HARLEYS!!! They are nothing but noise makers

Comment

It has been said

That h-d is the quickest way of converting gasoline into noise without the adverse side effect of horsepower.

Comment

I wanna get that put on a bumper sticker for my Yota and get a small sticker to put on the back of my helmet.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

bolt ons and such ...

If I had a nickel for every piece of glitz and glitter you can hang on an h-d from an existing bolt hole or stud, I'd have that guy with the CNC mill cut me some new sidecovers ... lol.

Why are they such a chick magnet anyway? Is it just the good ... uhhh ... vibes that they get off 'em? I dunno. They roar by my place all weekend long 10, 15, 25 in a row. I find the noise offensive ... but nobody seems to stop it .... I hear OC California is moving against h-d (and other) noise poluters .... wish RSide would get on the stick ....
            80G Mini-bagger
            VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
            79SF eventually dismantled for parts
            79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
            79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
            79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

The bro in law just bought a "Street Bob" for his wife (first bike, already been down). He got froggy on the trip back from Houston and figured cubic inches was going to overcome cc's. 5th gear roll on, he actually took me for 'bout 100ft (remember, were in 5th at 60mph), trusty XS dialed in all the troops and it was all over. I am sure when he got home, he got the Screaming Eagle catalog out, but I ain't sceared a bit. He also has a '03 Warrior, he gets me on the roll ons as I hit 6k and my crappy clutch rears its ugly head. I thinkin a new clutch is gonna wipe that cheesy smile off his face 'cause he dosen't pull me all that bad. We do an 80+ roll on and the XS pulls em. Looking foward to the day we do a stoplight to stoplight run. I have ridden the Warrior, hard, it does have some pull in the lower speeds, ain't gonna cut it on the high speed stuff though. BTW, Warrior has been in the shop three time since he got it. Drive belt, clutch and electrical problems, close to a grand so far. I had my XS along time, I have not come close to a grand, even figuring in tires, heck, I haven't hit a grand on the XS even with all the rallies I have been to. Gotta love that old iron!!!!
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I sold LIL'pig ( Kawi 305 ) to my bro. He's 6'2" 220 lbs. Big guy, little bike. He was at a stop light when a harley pulled up next to him. The guy on the Harley looked at my bro and sarcasticlly said " nice bike" my bro. looked at him as said "Ya, thanks. Yours too. Hey man, did you buy that thing?" Mr. harley say " Ya." My bro said " great. I built this. " Harley dud had nothing to say. May not have been on an XS, but still cool anyway.....
                S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                1-big XS patch
                1-small XS/XJ patch
                1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Since I"m a mechanic at Millville HD I used to take a ton of crap from everybody at the shop until I ran the biggest baddest bike that one of the other mechanics built for his daily ride (113" with ported cnc heads, cams and such that he has over $25,000 invested in to my measely $1,000). Most of the shop saw this at Thunder on the Ave in Vineland this past summer and watched in horror as his 80' lead off the line disappeared as I blew past him with my 78 Standard. Needless to say I no longer listen to crap from anyone.

Now even the customers get shutdown by the other employees when they see my "Beast" lined up parked with all the other employee's HD's.

It's kinda funny to see the reaction on the customers faces when the sale guy tells them that "No, it's not a trade in." and "Yes, It belongs to one of our technicians!"

Comment

Back in 89 I turned wrenches at a Harley and Kawie shop in Vancouver, WA. I rode an 850 Guzzi in those days and even my smaller Italian V-twin would kick ass on Harleys.

I have to admit that most big twin Harleys would have been more comfortable on the Interstate but the Guzzi beat them for power and handling. The Guzzi has been down for years but I don't think it would hold a candle to the XS11 for power.

Geezer
                    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Most of the shop saw this at Thunder on the Ave in Vineland this past summer and watched in horror as his 80' lead off the line disappeared as I blew past him with my 78 Standard. Needless to say I no longer listen to crap from anyone.
                      Most harley riders know better than to go up against jap bikes, but there are some that are "fast'....

Know a guy with an 04 V Rod who spent just over $6,000.00 on a turbo uppity grade (was pretty quick before too)

Been hoping to run across him when I'm on my hot rod XS

There are a few fast harleys out there, but just the cost of their mods cost more than I've paid for all of my XS's, including repairs and maintenance. (cost of fuel/tires too...)

mro
                      80G...daily ride
                      Hot Rod XS....80G frame, 82 crank case, 80 cylinder/head
                      ...big bore. flat slide carbs, plus other mods...................
                      80LG Midnight Special (under rehab....)
                      81 Special, (has issues, could be a runner)
                      (2) 79' standards (just parts now

Comment

Working...
                      X