Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locltite and 1104?

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to be sure about the use of locktite while doing the dremmel fix. It's the blue stuff on the oil pump and that's it ? Also the 1104 ( Yamabond4 ) use a very thin coat and don't let it get in the oil chamber?

This is my first bike, first major work on it and I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks a bunch,
    1979 XS1100SF "Sakura Natsuhiboshi"

Comment

That's interesting, I don't recall the instructions for Locktite on the Oil Pump securing bolts? Okay, just checked the manual, it says to use locktite on the tranny pan bolts? Maybe that's why mine might be leaking a little!

That special oil galley bearing cover with the 3 torx bolts, those you should reinstall with locktite!

Did you get a new O-ring for the oil pump mating surface?!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Ooops, I meant the oil pan.
        I used the blue stuff on the shaft bearing but, I thought I might have missed something else. I also replaced the oil pump o-ring with a new one, T.C.

Comment

Well I did it! I finished the transmission fix. It took a bit of extra time but, it's done..... I had to wait a week for the shift fork 3 to get in but, it was worth the wait. I had to flip it over 3 times cause I didn't have the time to do it all in one day and one of the days it started raining half way through the day.

I rode her yesterday even though it was drizzleing cause I just couldn't wait any longer. HOLY COW... So that's how first gear should feel... And the extra steel with the Barnett springs, MAN is that clutch smooth. I was doing super slow circles while slipping the clutch and hitting the rear brake just to see if it was smooth. With the handle bars locked to one side, I did about 8 turns all within 2 car spaces at the local shopping mall. ( it was raining so the place was empty) This time instead of dropping out of the turn cause the transmission wasn't predictable, I got dizzy...LOL

If anyone is trying to decide whether to do it or not.... It's a bit of a pain if you're working on the sidewalk, easy if you have a garage, It's worth every minute that you invest into doing the transmission fix.

Gonna go and ride...

Comment

Congratulations!!! That's a lot of flipping (2100 pounds? 700 x 3?) Persistance always pays off. Enjoy it, you've earned it!
            Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
            78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
            02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Working...
            X