petcock trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock trouble

my question is what other bikes was the vacuum petcocks used on besides the 1100? Im looking for a replacement and theres a listing for a 79 xs 750 petcock and I was wondering if they were interchangable?

chris,

I cannot tell by the Yamaha fische whether the xs750 petcocks are an exact replacement - but they do use the same gaskets and seals - check out this thread on Converting vacuum petcocks to ON-OFF-RES , it may answer your questions.

Comment

I'll bet they'd work. The only difference I saw was the location of the fuel and vacuum nipples. I have an XS850 Special tank laying around, and I noticed that it has a larger petcock mount than the 1100 Special does, it looks to be about the same size as the standard petcock.

Comment

I can tell you this for a fact. The 1100s will not work on a XS750 special. The fuel nipples point right into the air box and you can't get the lines on with out a kink. Do not know if it will work the other way.
        wingnut
        81 SH (Daily Ride)
        81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
        81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
        82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
        81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
        X