Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling Mods!?!? Help!

Hi Gang,
    I am new to your site, but have found that it will be an invaluable resource and source of new friends. I have a 1981 XS 1100 that is dressed and want to improve the handling. It is stock and does not handle well after about 85 mph in the curves. I have ordered the Tkat fork brace, but need to know what springs to replace in the forks and maybe where to get them. Plus, I am curious as to what shocks to replace the stock ones with and once again where to get them. I ride rather agressively, but responsibly. I have been riding for 36 years and plan on another 36 at least! Any help with my request would be really appreciated. You can write me direct at redwulf3@juno.com or through the forum. Thanks again!
    Mike Sager

You might want to read "Sorting Out The XS/XJ Suspension" at:

http://facstaff.uww.edu/fieldsj/mcyc...uspension.html

Article has links to various web pages and other resources. One of the better links is an article by Joe Minton. Basic info is good, but some upgrades he recommends are, sadly, no longer available.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Mods

Thank yoiu Jerry. This is a GREAT site. I really appreciate your time in responding SO QUICKLY!
      Take Care,
      Mike Sager

Comment

Working...
      X