vacuum diaphrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum diaphrams

anyone know where is the best place to get petcock vacuum diaphram rebuild kits for the XS special and standard modelsl? I have seen them on ebay, but is there a direct seller out there? I cannot find them on the yamaha parts list so I don't have any part numbers. The list shows the seals but not the vacuum diaphrams themselves.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Try partsnmore.com
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

or Bike Bandit
      not sure which is less expensive
      You might even try Mikes XS but don't tell them it's for an 1100 or they won't help you.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

ebay seller

There is an ebay seller out of Fla. His "store" name is "GeorgeFix". I bought the diaphram rebuild kit from him. Do an advanced search for his store name. Once there, you can search for our stuff.

He's easy to deal with, shipping is fast and the parts are good.

Good Luck!

greg
        Gone but never Forgotten:
        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
        2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
        2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Hobbyman's Site rank?

Dude, did you hack your site rank? That's pretty funny...

1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

'The Curse of the Monkey's Paw&quot;

Skippy.
            Someone opened his mouth... and his wish was granted!
            (From the "All Hail the New Moderators"post)
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Ahh, Missed that part of the thread

Thanks for the update. Too many posts for me to keep up with. I'm still recovering from the emotional weekend with Pathfinder.

It was eerie, to see Pathfinder's rig on one of our rides again, but with a different rider. At times I could still see Pathfinder piloting that rig, just for a split second...

I am really happy that PlaneDick got her, though. I know she will be taken care of. And he knows how to ride her and fix her.

greg
              1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I found them on partsnmore. I was looking through some old threads and was wondering about why some were saying that the diaphram kits for specials don't fit right. Also, how do I find them on BikeBandit? I just can't seem to find them anywhre on that site. I did notice that the original octupus is still available from yamaha. It wouldn't hurt too much to just get a whole new unit and keep the old one for a spare if indeed the kits dont fit. I did see a few rebuild kits on ebay but I wanted to find the best price and best quality stuff. I know most people that sell these kits are reputable, but you never know.
                I also feel that my new site rank suits me better than the old one did. I ended up liking it very much, so now it is permanent. I still chuckle when I see it.
                United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                X