help!!! idle screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!! idle screws

I need to get some ideas on these idle screws that are broken off and stuck. I have tried to get these things out using all the techniqes that are posted on this sight. I am letting them soak in liquid wrench right now!!
    Any suggestions will be appreciated

I had the same problem, I tried holding the push pin with the needle nose vise grips. I ended up buggering up the inside of the carb throat. I used a dremel and wore the inside until I could diferientiate between the carb body and the brass tip, and then used the push pin tapped with a wooden peg. I almost gave up, but got radical. It finally came out. Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

Dupman

Comment

Yeah, I have done a number on the throat too. Not as bad as I could. It is gonna be a bugger to get them out but I will keep on trying. I think if I can find some vice grips that are small enough I will be able to hold a needle and tap them out!! I'm done for tonite though. The struggle will continue tomorrow!

Comment

UPDATE!! Started in again this morning on them and no luck, so being a realist decided that these idle screws beat me I took them to my local machine shop for help. The guy says it shouldn't be a problem and to call him at 3. I called him at three and he says that he is having a problem and that they probably wont be ready till Monday!!
        At least it makes me feel better that a guy in a shop with all the little tools is having a problem!!!

Comment

Working...
        X