X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat question

Hi all,

Thanks for reading my post.

Just purchased my friends 1982 Maxim 1100 and have been enjoying this great bike and was fortunate to find this dedicated site.

I want to remove the backrest but it leaves two odd aluminum posts sticking up in the back.

Do you all know of any covers that Yamaha made for this?

Also what kind of oil are you all using? I have used Yamalube on all of the other Yamahas I have had.

I want your feedback.

Thanks again for your read and reply.

As for the back rest... I don't know. For the oil question, it would be best for you to use the search option. This is a subject that has been discussed with literally hundreds of postings on the subject. Some use synthetic, but most advise against it. Some use regular motor oils, some use the heavy duty diesel oils like Mystic or Rotella. The main thing you'll see is... Use oil. If your bike seems to like it... eg the clutches don't slip and it isn't too noisy on the top end.. stick with it. It may like expensive "Motorcycle" oils, and it may like Walmart generic. Also, if you look at the back of the bottle, there will be a donut looking stamp or emblem. Most recommend you don't use the oil if it says "Energy conserving" across the bottom of this donut. If it's just blank... have a try.

Good luck.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own