No announcement yet.

Auxillary Fuel Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you check out the "new member" fuel tank? Mathh has like you said a widend fuel tank here is a link to his site: (as you know it turned out well)
    scroll down for tank
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Sweet tank

Nice job!! But for me the cut out will have to be furthur down because the special tank has a offset filler hole. About right where he added girth. But man I gotta say the tank may look better after the mod. Real nice thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

(just thinking out loud here)......

On a special tank, cut the top down the center and the underside on either side of the tunnel. You would then have three pieces, the tunnel (mount to frame) and two top 'sides'.
        Add wedge-shaped pieces to achieve the desired width/taper. The two bottom pieces will be half the width of the single top piece.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Ill draw that out with a pencil, I had not considered that way of doing it. Thanks.

Comment

On a special tank, cut the top down the center and the underside on either side of the tunnel.
            Sorry to interrupt... but where would the cuts meet?

I was thinking something similar, but instead of cutting down the center... cut the sides at an angle from the front of the tank, begin the cut at the side of the tunnel and taper it to the side of the back of the tank... almost the shape of a half teardrop... Add the wedge shaped pieces here... Only problem apparent at this point, would be getting the angles (curves) correct for the additional pieces since the Special tank has a bit more curve than the Standard...
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Working...
            X