Petcock Brass Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Brass Fitting

The brass fittings that the gas line attaches to on the petcock is loose. It comes out with the line. This sounds like it has to be a stupid question... How do I keep it in and from leaking???
    JimBoReeno
    My Ex!"Half-Breed"
    '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
    '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
    2000 Indian Chief
    Millennium Edition

Your brass nipples are showing!

Hey Jim,

Just did a quick search, CZekus recommended a product called Seal All, it's impervious to gas/oil, etc.. But might also try either threadlock, or J-B Weld.

One person just tapped theirs back in, pressure fitting, and fixed it, no leaks!? I would opt for some form of sealant/lock material!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Wheew...so it wasn't one of those, "Everybody knows that!" kinds of questions. Thanks TC. I will probably JB it as I have used that stuff for lots of things. Also I will replace the stiff black 24 year old gas line!
      JimBoReeno
      My Ex!"Half-Breed"
      '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
      '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
      2000 Indian Chief
      Millennium Edition

Comment

I can recommend the JB Weld. This happened to me several years ago and I put a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of JB Weld on the brass part and LIGHTLY tapped it back into place. Been working for about 6 years now and is still very tight.
        Mike Giroir
        79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Working...
        X