fork adjustment???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork adjustment???

all the specs i read about my bike say that the forks are adjustable, are these specs true to my bike or are they specs from concept. by the way my bike is a 78 standard. now my next question is they are true to the bike how the hell do i adjust them? they arent air adjustable already pulled off the rubber caps please help the ride seems a little spongey and the seals arent leaking and i recently changed the fork oil
    when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
    '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
    '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
    '78 Cadillac Seville
    Don't steal the government hates competition

.. look in the hole with a flash light[under the rubber cap], there is a slot for a large flat blade screw driver. with the bike on it's center stand and the front end jacked up off of the ground push the screw driver down and turn. the adjustment pin is cammed like your rear shocks, it has 3 positions. each position squeezes the springs a little tighter. shoot a little WD40 in the holes to help.

Comment

Clockwise or anti clockwise? Which does what?

Thx
      1H
      79F - "Anakin Skywalker"
      transforming into:
      "Darth Vader"

Comment

.. push down and twist clockwise to make the springs stiffer.

Comment

It will be easy to tell, because your adjuster will be deeper in the top of the fork with a preload setting (78's and 79's). I think there are three settings.

Originally posted by GNEPIG
          .. push down and twist clockwise to make the springs stiffer.
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Adjusting this made aworld of difference on my 78
            78E ... Gone but not forgotten
            2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

thanx for the info sorry it took so long to come back and reply ive been sick but thanx for the help
              when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
              '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
              '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
              '78 Cadillac Seville
              Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Working...
              X