Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -DOH!!- Clutch part needed

'Numbskull manuever*
    Trying to shim my clutch springs in my '80G, and I broke the 'star' six-pointed outer plate. I did exactly what was warned NOT to do in the tips section...figured I'd be extra careful, etc., it was looking good.. I had the washers drilled out perfect, it was tightening down smoothly & evenly...everything lined up..*PoP* #@%*$! man is that stuff brittle!
    Anyone have an extra? Need some Barnett springs too, plates are in spec.
    Post here or email jaybird2k@webtv.net
    Thanks!!

I recommend Ebay, and make sure you verify with the seller that there are no cracked or broken ends on the star plate. Clutches are ridiculously inexpensive on ebay!
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
    03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

The proper place to buy and sell is the Classified Ads Section right here on XS11.com! So I assume you checked there first?

Anyway contact me by PM or email I have what you need.......

Here's some pictures:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291329979
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the wrong forum post! I went ahead and ordered a new one from Yamaha ($50), we'll see if it shows up. Also ordered some HD springs for $9.00

Comment

I looked at Bike Bandit and they said the part was obsolete. Good luck finding one, new is always better than used
          Gary Granger

Comment

Indeed, my order for the pressure plate was 'cancelled' from Yamaha : ( The HD springs arrived no problem. Gary, I'll be emailing you soon!

Comment

Email received! You got mail!
              Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
              X