Need throttle sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need throttle sleeve

I just put new (smaller) bars on my bike and while doing so I broke the plastic piece that the throttle cable hooks on to & the grip slides over.

Would anyone know where I could find one. I would think I can get one somewhere really cheap. Does anyone possibly have an extra one laying around?

Thanks! And I have to say I love the site! Started riding this summer after taking some classes and buying my 78. I'm in the process of cleaning it up and personalizing just a bit. I'll be sure to get some pics up before too long - it's one of the nicer Standards I've seen.

Thanks again, B

I'll check my part pile - might have an extra..

Comment

Picked one up at the local shop.

Thanks anyway, B

Comment

Still can get from Yamaha. Comes with OEM grip already on it. Part No.2H7-26240-00-00. Just got a replacement myself, removed the OEM grip(its a buger to get off, as it has groove slots to match throttle sleeve). Gotta get the grip sent off to someone here who wants it.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I have an extra

I had to get one in a hurry to make it to the GA rally. Ended up withe one that came late and didn't get cancelled.
          PM me and I will send it to you for what I have in it. (I never even opened the box!)

Hey Motoman..I literally got a big blister getting that @#%# OEM grip off!
          Last edited by jimboreeno; 10-20-2006, 09:37 PM.
          JimBoReeno
          My Ex!"Half-Breed"
          '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
          '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
          2000 Indian Chief
          Millennium Edition

Comment

Working...
          X