Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 XS 11 Midnight SPECIAL BRAND NEW!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 XS 11 Midnight SPECIAL BRAND NEW!!!!!!!

XS Owners,
    I was visiting a small salvage in Joaquin, TX and I looked in the front window and there she was!!! A brand new 0 mile 1980 midnight special. The bike was purchased by the Owner of Leggettt Cycles..he had a dealership from 1978-1990, He was at a new bike release and Yamaha told him it would be the last special year model...He purchased one of 3000 and figured it would be the last year available...He took it home in the crate and assembled it himself and put it on his showroom floor...After only two days the gas tank had a small scratch...He said the heck with this and put the bike up on display in the front window and there she sits today!!! He will not sell, he said it is for his children...It is a beautiful bike, never been started!!If you are ever in East Texas on HWY 84, Take a picture or talk to the owner he loves bikes.
    still droooling,
    Shack
    Shack
    79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
    2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
    Oct 02
    2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
    3176 miles

WOW!
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Some nutty ppl out there....

I wish I was rich...

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

As uncommon as you may think, I ran across a gentleman in my area who claimed to have one. I believe he said it had 12k or 14k one-owner miles. He said he bought it new. Also he said he had replaced the stock tires only recently due to dry rot. He claimed that it was always garage kept. He told me he had a collectors item and was asking $5000 for it. Too rich for my blood.
        Greg
        1980 XS1100-G
        1979 XL250-S

Comment

new or nearly so

I would love to see a new one like that...

My 81 Midnight only has 17k, I'm the 3rd owner, to the best of my knowledge, for what thats worth...... I gues it's just now getting broke in good.
          '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

seems like a waste of materials to me. save it for his kids ok, but everything is going to be dryed out and need a rebuild anyhow. I belive in using things, not saving for that "special" day. I ran across a similar sort of guy in Reno. he had a new o miles 74 Moto Guzzi I wanted, wouldnt sell it either. all the rubber was dry rot by that time.
            Tim

79 XS1100SF
            74 Suzuki T500
            74 Suzuki GT750 LeMans
            81 Kawasaki KZ 440 LTD

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X