New battery time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman
    Hey T.C..........would that reg./rect. unit be a 'plug & play' for my 81H Venturer?
    Hey Motoman,

It was plug and play on my 81SH, should be the same for your 81H! You can ask Geezer, drop him a PM, or I think there's a link on his web site!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Looks like you guys were right... I followed the Electrosport fault finding diagram TC posted after Geezer's test showed my RR is probably fine... started tracing and found this behind my fuse plate:

It's not the best photo since it's from my phone, but basically all the wires for the generator connector to the main harness connector were bare, corroded, and 2 or 3 of them were no longer connected. The connectors got so hot they fused together..I am *VERY* fortunate I didn't end up with an electrical fire!

So basically I've been running only under battery power for a little while...no wonder my battery kept draining! I snipped the bad connectors off end ended up removing an inch or two of bad wire too on each wire, then soldering in new wire, directly connecting without a connector. I plan on going back at some point and wiring connectors in.

So, now I get 13.5 volts at 2500 rpm rather than 11.8 volts!
      1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
      1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
      http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Working...
      X