Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report on XJ Fuel Injection - Gas Mileage Report

Hey guys - an update on the Megasquirt fuel injection:

Stan just ran his bike during a rally in Texas a couple of weeks ago and kept very accurate mileage records.

He kept very accurate records from before the fuel injection as well, and here's the results:

On gas with 10% Ethanol added:

Before Fuel Injection: 32 MPG
    After Fuel Injection: 39 MPG

Best so far on fuel injection with non-Ethanol gasoline over mostly flat terrain: 47.4 MPG

Read about it on his updated website

What do you guys think of that??

Stan's main website is here

Mainlylinux
    Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

1. I think the fuel economy is outstanding!

2. I think that burning more fuel
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

nice work

I changed the Final Drive gear ratio and now get at least 45mpg and that's in town/highway riding. Cost was $26.29 and took me two hours....However I did do a bunch of bone-yard diving to figure it out!
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock
      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Mainlylinux, is there megasquirt software that runs on Windows Mobile 2003 or WM5? I've got data collectors with both OS's. I do believe there is a linux version that works with PXA processors, though. (?) BTW: I'm writing this on an iMac G3 running Ubuntu. Microsoft is always a last resort, kinda like ugly girls...
        2010 Kawasaki Z1000
        1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

The MegaSquirt tuning software runs on Windows, Linux, Palm (Subset), and Pocket PC (Subset).

I'm not sure about tuning software for other Windows versions.

The main software that controls the MegaSquirt hardware is written to run directly on the motorola processor inside the MegaSquirt; there is no operating system.

Dan
          Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

Ooops, sorry. Item 2 was to say that alcohols have always negetively affected fuel economy in all of my vehicles. You burn more gasoline as a result so it is hard to believe that it helps clean the total exhaust emissions.

Originally posted by skids
            1. I think the fuel economy is outstanding!

2. I think that burning more fuel
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

alcohol

i've also seen allcy play havoc on gaskets , if not designed to burn alco.
              1982 XJ 1100
              going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
              now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Originally posted by tommystinson
                Mainlylinux, is there megasquirt software that runs on Windows Mobile 2003 or WM5? I've got data collectors with both OS's. I do believe there is a linux version that works with PXA processors, though. (?) BTW: I'm writing this on an iMac G3 running Ubuntu. Microsoft is always a last resort, kinda like ugly girls...
                Just to make you aware that there is a great program which runs on Pocket PCs running WM2003/WM5. I use it myself and it is great. You do need to run the MSnS-Extra code though (but why wouldn't you)!

http://ipaqsparker.tripod.com/

Brgds, Shappers.
                '84 Sport

Comment

Working...
                X