Calling all guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all guru's

ok looking to replace one of my carbs due to idle screw problem was looking at a old set and it had one diffrence i can see off hand on the intake side ( air box side) it only had 3 small ports air intake i think when mine on there is four ports is this problem or nothing cause only two of the 3 or 4 have jets in them or am i wrong?
    80 xs11 sg

The carbs with 3 holes are early model carbs i.e, 78-79. The carbs with 4 holes are late model carbs i.e. 80-81. They cannot be mixed. Sorry.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

thanks ken that just what i needed to know
      80 xs11 sg

Comment

just wont idle right

ok got new set of carbs rebuild one good set out of part still having issues can get it to idle sometings the out of now were the bike goes from 1500 to about 4 to 4500 rpm and holds high till i kick the trottle the she idles at 1500 for a secound the creeps up again HELP ME I CAN GET IT .what am i missing vac leak?
        80 xs11 sg

Comment

I would say that the carb syncronization is way off, and one or more carbs are running at a higher rpm , and pulling the others up with it. You can check for leaks where the boots are attached to the head with some carb spray. If there is a vac leak, the rpms will incease when you spray the affected boot(s).

Comment

Working...
          X