what a diffenence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a diffenence!

Well today I finally got the 79SF road leagal. TTL all done now. I have been driving around for a few days now and I notice a significant difference in power vs the std model. I see why many people prefer them. I still prefer my 80G. Well, to the point: I pulled the plugs to check them and they all looked good. This engine has never been rebuilt and it has 30 sumthin thousand miles. I poured some marvel mystery oil in the cyleners and cranged the engine with the kickstart to circulate it around. Waited about 10 min and cranked it with the starter with a towl over the holes to remove the leftover fluid. I am paranoid of hydrolock having seen it happen before. Then I cleaned, regapped, and installed the plugs. When I fired it up, it caught right away. At first the SMOKE was white then black then white again. Then I shut it down for about another 10 min to let it dissolve more grime. The exhause pipes looked cool like a smoking gun. WOW. After that wait, I crop dusted my entire neighborhood, if you know what I mean. Now I notice a definite increase in POWER. If you haven't done this before, I highly suggest trying it. it doesn't take that long either. My dad had the camera or I would have taken some photos.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Maybe it deserves the name, "cropduster."
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

thanks for the idea. You just gave it its name. I was wondering what I was going to name it. It was cool when I fired it up and there was THICk white and black smoke jetting out of both exhausts. It only took about 30sec. to fill my culdesac with enough smoke to drop the visibility down to about 5-6 ft. Keep in mind, my culdesac has about a 50ft diameter
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

Heh heh! Your neighbors have to love ya!
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I might have to try it. Anyone have any idea as to why it work so well????
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I really don't know why it works soo well. I think that my engine was really gummed up from years of the same bad gas. The PO had rebuilt the carbs just before he sold it, but had done nothing else to it. It already had loads of power, but now, I fell the same amount of power at lower RPMs. Especially under a load, like accelerating up a steep hill. I have used it before on my mom's 96 lincoln town car. We have 2 of them and the check engine lights used to come on all the time. Every time the code reader showed that it was the catalytic converter. I pulled off a vacuum line from the intake manifold and let it suck the MMO out of the can. I would do that until the engine flooded. I waited like normal and after starting the engine, the light has never come on for the same reason again. As an added plus, MMO smells good too. The only reason that I can think of as to why it works is that it has the ability to dissolve or just break up carbon deposit like most spray cleaners. Its advantage is that it is a light oil and will stick to everything and not evaporate.
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
            X