sissy bar brake lights???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sissy bar brake lights???

Hey all, am starting to plan my winter projects here in ND again, I would like to clean up the rear end of the bike, and make it more sporty to go with the whole flow I have going so far. Remove the fender, LED brake light, new license plate mounts etc.

So, im in the process of trying to find a small rectangular LED brake light. One that may be mounted to the sissybar/grab rails behind the seat on my 80 special. Does anybody know of anything good?

Also, if any of you have removed the rear fender, wheres the best place to remount the license plate?
    Bauer
    1980 XS 1100 SG (The 3rd Degree) - The Cafe' Racer
    Image Photos @ http://photobucket.com/albums/f230/BauersXS11/
    1980 XS1100 G (The Trouble Maker)
    Fully stock and still goin at 65k miles

www.customdynamics.com

Lots of options
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat,

I don't want to worry you, but my wife saw me looking (or drooling) at the cool lighting on that link and she said that if any of those things showed up at our house, someone is gonna be in BIG trouble...... just thought I'd warn ya....
      1979 XS1100 SF
      Under Construction,
      Due out by Spring '07
      "Some days, it ain't even worth chewing through the restraints."

TomKat

Comment

Make a small bracket and mount it to lower left side shock mount.I had my license plate mounted their as a rectangle facing down to the ground worked great.

Comment

LED's

I have lots of LED's on my arse end, got them at JC Whitney, cheap too, $10
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Was given this site on one of my fishing web sites. I found it to be interesting, thought maybe some on here could use it.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm
            1979 XS1100 SF
            Under Construction,
            Due out by Spring '07
            "Some days, it ain't even worth chewing through the restraints."

TomKat

Comment

hey Bauer,

Your SG should have a brake light in the sissy now. if you want to put LED's in it, HERE is the TopCat did his by just modifying his current housing.

If you are looking for something smaller, you might be able to use led's designed for the rears of trailers...they are about 2" by 6", so would be narrower and about as long as your current brake light. They are pretty much rectangular, with the ends rounded.

I know xschop has put a fatbob(?) fender on his xs. Don't remember where his brake and license plate mounts are. there are some pictures of his ride here . It looks like his brake and plate are mounted underneath at the back. So this prolly won't work for you. Sorry.

Theron
              Yamaniac
              '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
              '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
              '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
              '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
              '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Working...
              X