Where do these vacuum lines go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do these vacuum lines go?

OK, this is probably a dumb newbie question, but I qualify. While I let my carb parts soak, I decided to look ahead to see how they mount and connect. There are two outlets from each petcock, one forward, one pointing inward. The carbs had four fuel lines coming off them. One each at the back and just above the bowls of one and two carb and three and four carb and one each dead center between the two pairs of carbs. Seems simple - four lines, four connections.

Except.... these two vacuum lines that come off the manifolds. I'm out of places to plug the vacuum lines to the carbs or the petcocks. I've read the threads about the dreaded "octopus," but apparently this bike was modified beyond octopus before I ever got it so I have no idea where it was and I do not believe it is still there. There are no "Ts" to connect any of the lines together, but I know they were all connected when I removed the tank.

I know I've seen a diagram somewhere that shows me where all the lines go, but I can't find it again.

If I could beg your sufferance yet again (and this won't be my last question, rest assured), where do these vacuum lines go? And can anyone tell me where I saw that diagram? Did I really see it? Or was Succubus deluding me in a dream?

Humbly,
    Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

http://www.xs11.com/forum/images/tip...uelrouting.jpg

hope this helps, if the link doesn't work , sorry, i'm newer then you are.

Comment

Do you have an F or SF model? The specials use the octo, the F or standard DID NOT.
      For the standard, 2 vacum lines from carb BOOT 2&3 go to the Forward connection on the petcocks. The inward facing connections on the petcocks go to the LOWER "T"s between the carbs. The upper "T"s connect to the airbox, as these are vents. I usually cross the fuel lines, right petcock feeds carbs 1&2, left 3&4.
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

It's a standard and that explains everything. Thanks, DiverRay.
        The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
        1969 Yamaha DT1B
        Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Working...
        X