Thanks for the info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info

New member here. I just wanted to express my appreciation for some of the information I have picked up off your site.

I have owned an 79 XS11 SF since about 1984 and have loved the bike ever since. I had to replace the carbs with an 80 models carbs I found in Florida and have had an an off idle stumble ever since. I've cleaned and cleaned and spent many hours replacing jets and trying all kinds of combinations to make it work right.

I never knew the needle jet would come out until last night when I read a post on this site. I went out there, tapped out the jets and what a mess on the inside portion. This was the only section of the carbs I never cleaned right even though I hot tanked them. Hopefully that will help my issue, but now I will have to go over all the jetting changes I made over the years to try and bring it back I'm sure. Loved the info about changing the needle settings with the washers on the 80 carbs as well. Again, thanks.

Welcome

Woodstoc1, I believe after 18 years on this bike, you probably have a wealth of info and tips that we can hit you up for in the future. Again welcome, & happy riding.

Dupman

Comment

Working...
    X