a ? from the Tech tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a ? from the Tech tips

i'm looking for a "simple mercury synchronizer" such as mentioned in Synchronizing the Carburetors in the Tech Tips page.

all my resources are coming up short. Please anyone with a definet point of purchase.
    One of a kind SF

(Do not take advice from this man)

sync tools

Kinda pricey, click here:
    http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Tools~a~2670.aspx

mro
    btw
    Vacuum gauges work well too, and a set up can be made at home. I currently use but one gauge, but a 4 gauge set up would be easier to use.

Comment

For the price, and home use, can't beat the motion-Pro choice. It works well. Only objection is go down to your local Napa and buy ya 12ft. of 'real' vacuum hose as the plastic hose is a pain and doesn't like XSesive hot pipes. Don't ask how I know this.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

.. 56 bucks is the best price that i have seen, never seen one for under 65 bucks before this, i would get the white motion-pro gauge from bikebandit.
        now that yellow one further down the page at $108! i bet they dont sell many of those.

Comment

Try Dennis Kirk. got mine for 'bout $40 + shipping. Whatever you pay, get one!!! Best way to get carbs dialed in. DO NOT rev the motor when a merc gauge is hooked up. There was a thread here where someone made one from PVC, some vac gauges and a bunch of tubing.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

someone made one from PVC, some vac gauges and a bunch of tubing.

yup, works too

Took me about 15 minutes to make mine. (ten minutes scrounging parts, 5 minutes to put together)

mro

Comment

webbcraft2150. don't have to worry bout 'blippin' the throttle to seat the screw threads and reajust as the tubes are long enough you won't even come close to getting mercury hitting the top of tubes with the Motion Pro merc tubes.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I would recommend the Morgan Carbtune at http://www.carbtune.com/carbpric.html .

A bit more money but you don't have to worry about sucking the mercury out of them because they don't have any.
                2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                81 LH
                02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                Jim

Comment

Working...
                X