Diaphragm springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaphragm springs

Ok, bought a set of carbs on ebay to get my second 1100SF running while I cleaned the set that were on it, (had fuel in them for several years). Had to return them because the diaphragms were shot, forgot to install springs and just mailed those to the seller so I can get my money back.

Got the gunky carbs out to work on and now I can't find the springs for them! I am hoping I put them in a "safe" place so they would not get smooshed but can't remember where, age does terrible things to your memory.

If I can't find them any source for them or are they a common part across all kinds of bikes? Dealers don't have them, can't find on the internet. If anyone has some extras I would love to buy them.

Thanks

Hey Ron,

If your replacement carbs are also 79SF, then you're right, they are not available anymore from Yamaha or other sources!

They are specific for the 78 and 79 XS11 carbs, that's it!! They will have a specific length and compression tension designed for those carbs! Getting other springs could cause the diaphragms to rise too quickly flooding, or too slowly, starving the engine??

I'll be receiving a box/bag of assorted carb parts from a previous Xsive, not sure if there are any springs in it, but might be, supposed to have several carb bodies!?!?

You might be able to get a set with the DYNAJET kits??$$
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I figured I was in trouble, can't believe I lost them. Horrible thought is that I somehow threw them out when I was cleaning garage and reorganizing a couple of weeks ago.

Measured them, wire, outside diameter, length and coil count, etc.

Anyone else that can help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, I will look at the Dynajet kits.

Comment

[i]

I'll be receiving a box/bag of assorted carb parts from a previous Xsive, not sure if there are any springs in it, but might be, supposed to have several carb bodies!?!?

[/B]
        Hey TC .. I need a 79 standard model #1 carb if you will be selling any of these parts. It's hard to find a single carb. Let me know on that as I will be doing that when the ridign season ends
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by ron2830
          I figured I was in trouble, can't believe I lost them. Horrible thought is that I somehow threw them out when I was cleaning garage and reorganizing a couple of weeks ago.

Measured them, wire, outside diameter, length and coil count, etc.

Anyone else that can help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, I will look at the Dynajet kits.
          You sure the guy your returned the carbs to does not now have 8 springs??
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I thought of that but I am certain I did not install them, thought they might have been in the box loose but he said they were not so I am stuck.

Also I found Dyno jet kits but none for, only 80-81s. They do have springs in them, anyone know where to get the kits for 78-79 ?

Comment

Working...
            X