• Show
Clear All

• 79 xs11sf coils

Where can I get new coils?

Saw some on EBAY. Not new though.
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

Try looking up "Rice Paddy" on the web. They are a salvage yard here in Ohio. I think I paid $30 for a set.
      78E ... Gone but not forgotten
      2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Hey Matt,

Which coils are you speaking of, the main ignition spark plug coils, or the timing cover PickUp Coils??

MikesXS has dual tower coils for $28.00 each, they are 3 ohm, so you would just need to remove and bypass your ballast resistor to use them, vs. trying to get decent used 1.5ohm coils, or the very pricey 1.5 ohm DYNA coils!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I have both items discussed used of course. pickup coils $75.00 for everthing and ignition coils $40.00 andreas

Comment

Just out of curiosity...

There has been a lot of threads on using Accel ignition coils, but I was going through the JP Cycle catalog yesterday and came across Dynatek mini coils. Anyone fitted these to their XS or XJ?

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/coils.htm
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I am working on 79SF that I bought used. The spark plug coils have been replaced with Dynatek's. They are the DC4-1, 2.2ohm x 14,000ohm.

The bike didnt run great because of an ignition advance problem, but as soon as that gets fixed I'll let everyone know how the Dynatek's are working.

Comment

Coils for that bike should be 1.5 ohm.

Comment

Yep...thats what is supposed to be on it. The 2.2's were put on there by someone else. They will be replaced pretty soon too, but I have heard alot of good things about the Dynatek's that some friends have.

Comment

Working...
                  X