On The Road Again (MONEY PIT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On The Road Again (MONEY PIT)

I did manage to get my Bike ( MONEY PIT ) Back out on the road again. I started this project back in December when a co-worker had this bike for sale. It had 10,300 Miles on it and was pretty banged up. You see my co=workers father had rode and raced bikes all his life and last November he rolled his truck on his way home from work and ended up in a wheel chair.

This was his project bike that was a basket case. I purchased it from him for $ 450.00 and I now have about $ 4500.00 in it.

OUCH!

This is what I have done. I stripped the bike to the frame and had it sandblasted and powercoated with the triple tree, swingarm, centerstand, battery box and other small parts. I tore down the engine ( I did not split the case) It had a valve stuck open and bent and the number one cylinder had a good coating of rust. So I did a valve job and took the cylinders to the local machine shop and purchased a Wisco (Big Bore Kit 1197cc) I spent some time cleaning up the ports to the best of my ability. The tranny and the rest of the engine looked like new (10,300 miles) I put my engine back togather after a one month wait for the Big Bore Kit. I was not sure about changing the jetting but I was going to put on a new (MAC 4-2 W/ Turnouts) and 4 K&N Filters so I went with a (Dynojet Stage 3 Jet Kit) and have ran it in the third clip from the top (It seems to be Ok) ( No dead Spots and pulls good) I have a stock Oil Cooler that I will put on this winter. (Using Stainless Hoses up the middle)

TAKE A LOOK THESE PICS ARE NOT VERY GOOD BUT ?

Last edited by Rick Wood; 09-16-2002, 06:14 PM.
    Rick Wood
    XJ1100 (Construction Complete)(SOLD)
    Northern Michigan

More Info

Here is a list of the other items that I had done.

Stainless Steel Brake lines, Rebuilt Master Cylinders and Calipers, all the rubber products that are still available from Yamaha have been replaced, The Carbs were polished and clear coated and I put in new Diaphragms in all carbs and new Intake Boots To much to list. ?

I will put better Pics on Later

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND INFO I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP

AGAIN THANK YOU
    Rick Wood
    Northern Michigan

Comment

Good job, Rick! She's a beauty! Now you have a classic bike that'll run with the best current models and will likely outlast them...all for a heckuva lot le$$, too!
      Dennis

Comment

New Pics

Rick Wood
        Northern Michigan

Comment

Working...
        X