Windjammer/Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windjammer/Horns

I recently acquired a Windjammer fairing that has what appears to be a stock dual horn setup installed. It appears very professional with both horns connected to a relay. More horns on a motorcycle=good. My question is this; The orange wire going to the relay is from the nine pin wiring harness connector. there is an abandoned wire available on the bike side of the harness. What do I want to graft it to? The hot, or cold side of the horn? To the horn button wires (should amount to the same thing)? As you can probably tell, I'm no electrical savant, but I know how to make a solid soldered connection! Thanks in advance for any help.Burl
    '79 XS Eleven Special
    "Dirty White Boy"
    "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not watching you!"

I think the horn setup is stock on the windjammer as yours sounds to be just like mine. The ones on mine were never hooked up and I only discovered them by accident after I had the bike for a while, don't remember just how I hooked them right at the second but will take a look in the morning and let you know.
    The Old Tamer
    1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Thanks!
      '79 XS Eleven Special
      "Dirty White Boy"
      "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not watching you!"

Comment

Sorry bout the delay here but I was on the road and my bike was in the garage and I got hung up and could not get back until this evening.
        The orange wire from the harness goes to the #4 teminal on the relay, the brown wire from the harness goes to the #3 terminal and the dual brown wires go to the horns.
        Sorry I do not have the harness terminal numbers handy because I have rewired the bike I replaced all the original connectors, the only thing the same is the color of the wires.
        The Old Tamer
        1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Working...
        X