X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before bloody car incident

A few pix of my XS before the car got me
    http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/446ac...A.rAFBfEUR.Rde

I can't open the page. I hope you are OK.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

before

I am on 28k dialup so takes sometime to upload pix will try again tonight using photobucket

Comment

Before bloody car incident

Some pix before car insident

Comment

wow - I hope you came out of it ok.

Dan
          Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

Fine except for the shattered hip.
            I still have the EFI project on the boards but have opted for XJR1200 carbs set up by Madbill in Germany. R6 calipers and racetech damping in the front. Bum that I had the accident

Comment

Aux, you Aussies been getting hard time lately huh, Aux, the R1 calipers, they're really good stoppers they say. The XJR has the same I see. Are those calipers really strong on the XS11 too? Assuming the brackets are machined not OEM R6, I could be looking for something similar, do those R calipers have a piston either side of the disc or are they solid for floating discs? The 2 - piece slider XS11 calipers are a pig to modify, as I want my calipers sitting 10mm lower for an XJ9 front wheel and discs, but I'll try the XS calipers just to see how they perform before looking for something else.

Comment

before bloody car incident

The work was done by Sean O'Sullivan (SOS Suspension) at Penrith. Stops on a button now no different in the wet, unlike the old calipers. They are 4 piston calipers and I have used the original disc. Just have to fix everthing since the car turned across traffic and took out my hip. Still in hospital so I have not seen the damage yet but was told it was all repairable. I think you should be able to find something about Sean on the net

Comment

Get better soon!

Great looking bike.... got me a 1.1 recently... black/silver.
                  And get the bike sorted, we want more pics.
                  Oh, and take care of yourself too... if you must...

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Will probably see you in 2008

Comment

I think I want to VOMIT!

Christain - Thank God you're alive! Makes me sick to see that gorgeous 1.1 beat up.

Stinking cagers.

Just how bad is the hip bro? Shattered doesn't sound good.

Comment

shattered

Shattered is it looked like honeycomb (violet crumble bar) that had been hit with a hammer. But the metal should hold me together.
                        I have not seen the bike yet but a mate said it was not too bad....?????
                        I'll be out of rehab on the 20th so that's when I may cry a little.

Comment

I pray for your quick recover. Maybe the bike will be easy to fix.

Take care

Cody

Comment

So here is the damage: tank, both front blinkers and stems, crushed No.4 header pipe, handlebars, dead battery, left rear blinker stem bent, left footpeg snapped, broken No4 spark plug cap and plug, tiny piece broken from lower cylinder fin, lost right side cover, scratched alternator and timing covers.
                            Looks like the work I did on the front end is all OK and the Hepco Becker luggage rack is ok.
                            CR

Comment

Working...
                            X