Windjammer mounting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windjammer mounting ?

Just got my bracket for the windjammer. Can someone tell me what size bolts I need to mount it to the bike. I have the bolts to mount the fairing to the bracket but not the bracket to the bike.
    80 XS1100LG

IIRC they are 12mm, but they could be 10mm. The easy way is ride the bike down to a local ACE hardware, and go through the metric bins. If no one else speaks up, I'll have an answer tonight.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I agree with DiverRay. Ride down to your local Ace. That way when you need more then just a couple of bolts ( like clamps ) your already there.
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Take the bike with you and some wrenches. I think the wrench size for the bolts I used was 17mm (?) or 15mm (?). The length is also critical because of the limited depth in the frame tube.
        That way, you can take them in and exchange them if they are wrong.

Originally posted by Czekus21
        I agree with DiverRay. Ride down to your local Ace. That way when you need more then just a couple of bolts ( like clamps ) your already there.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Bike isn't driveable right now so I broke out my calipers and thread ID set. I am giong to buy some bolts and will post the size if I read it right.
          80 XS1100LG

Comment

Okay the bole to mount the bracket to the bike are 10mm x 1.25 x 20mm long. The length allows for a lock washer to be installed and possibly a flat washer as well.
            80 XS1100LG

Comment

Working...
            X