'79 XS11 wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '79 XS11 wiring diagram

I ordered a service manual two weeks ago and I still haven't received it. I wish I would have known about Rokjok's manual first. I still might need it.

In the meantime, I still want to work on my bike. The wiring is messed up. I can tell because it doesn't have a functioning fuse box. It has pieces of what appeared at one time to be a fuse box, but some wires are also spliced into each other instead of the fuse box, so I don't know how long since it has actually functioned. I'm hoping the PO who did all this damage didn't short everything out. So I need to wire one in, but I don't know what wires go where and the entire wire harness is sheathed - no embedded is a better description - in electrical tape. Does anyone have a wiring diagram they can email to me or post somewhere where I can use it?

Also, does anyone has a fuse box they don't need?

Thanks, in advance.

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Your Lucky Day!

Hey Patrick,

Here's one of several threads in the TECH TIPS, Mods, Electrical from the Main Forum Page(not the column on the left) about replacing the fusebox, and a source for a good quality and value priced replacement!

Also, here's a link to the Links Section which has the COLORED WIRING DIAGRAMS, that you can download, print, etc.!!!!

It's amazing what you can find in the TECH TIPS and LINKS section! hint, hint!!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Getting Fussey

TC sells a great after market fuse box. Give him a PM

as per wiring, you got an F or SF???

mro

ha......clicked not fast enough.....TC beat me to it
      Last edited by mro; 09-04-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I have an F. I will pm TC and see about a good fuse box. It's going to be tough to find out where juice is being lost without a fuse box in the middle. I suspect this fuse box was just jimmied it, based on the fact that all wires in are red and all wires out are brown. At least I assume the brown ones are out wires. I have an equal number of both type. How many fuses should I have?

Thanks, y'all.

Patrick
        The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
        1969 Yamaha DT1B
        Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Patrick,
          The F has 4 fuses. The OEM box had all of the wires in two colors, so the PO probably just removed the wires one pair at a time, and connected them together. I would start on that assumption, connect up the new box, and go from there.
          Ray
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
          X