Engine Gaurd Pegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highway pegs

I have a set that hang off my engine guards/crash bars . They will swivel around to where you want them . They mount from the lower horizontal bar as close or far from the block as you want . I use them sometimes but I'd like forward controls .
    XJ1100K
    Avon rubber
    MikesXS black coils
    Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
    MikesXS front master
    Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
    Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
    Progressive fork springs
    CIBIE headlight reflector
    YICS Eliminator

Comment

Got some, they really help with the cramp butt that the stock seat loves to hand out. went on a 300 mile ride and didn't have them on and I was SORE!!! You can see them in this pic, plus gives me a nother reason to show off the bike after paint and all the work i did on it, ohh yeah, she is sweet lookin' :

80 XS1100 SG

Comment

I have a pair of "Harley" type pegs on the fire dragon as seen here---

I know that they are not really visible well on this picture but it is the only picture that I have of the bike were they are easily seen. Also my apologies for the apprearance of the bike but it was taken this spring in my buddys shed after being stored there for the winter and it is a bit dusty. Love the pegs for long riding though.
        The Old Tamer
        1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

NIce bike
          XJ1100K
          Avon rubber
          MikesXS black coils
          Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
          MikesXS front master
          Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
          Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
          Progressive fork springs
          CIBIE headlight reflector
          YICS Eliminator

Comment

I have some 3-point guards on my sidecar rig and I definitely like the extra footage possibilities.

A few years ago I bought a few sets of highway bars and put a set on my LG. They are kind of a PITA since you have to remove the headers to install but they saved the bike when I laid it over on the highway. They protected the engine and handlebars etc and the only damage to the bike was to the very end of the muffler.

Rob

Comment

With the exception of my XV750 Virago, I have always had case guards on my bikes, but never, EVER, put highway pegs on them.

I can't stand front mounted pegs. Drives me nuts, and, personally, I think they make the rider look retarded going down the road!
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

gynacologists' favorite pokesition, but comfy with the right bars and seat...
                "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                History
                85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                79 yamaha xs1100f
                03 honda cbr 600 f4
                91 yamaha fzr 600
                84 yamaha fj 1100
                82 yamaha seca 750
                87 yamaha fazer
                86 yamaha maxim x
                82 yamaha vision
                78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

originally posted by Crazcnuk
                  I think they make the rider look retarded going down the road!
                  my butt cares not if you " look retarded"

mro

Comment

As soon as my butt cares, I'll think about putting on goofy highway pegs.

The discomfort my butt may take would be far outweighed by the grief my back would take, not to mention the bugs, rocks and other crap flying up my pant legs.

That and I just don't like a breeze blowing up my pant legs...

Maybe when I am 60+.

I am far more prone to putting my feet on the REAR pegs every once in a while, just for a change of position.

Oh, and keep in mind, I rode an '85 Shadow 1100 for 14 years, and I never found comforrt was an issue.
                    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I too bought a set of Kuryakyn Large ISO pegs from Dennis Kirk for my 1980 XS1100SG. Mine bolted on to my two point case gard and the way the pages attach to the clamp, it can be positioned in a varierty of ways.
                      The fit and look great on the bar and the position is great for my leg lenght (5-10). I bit pricey ,but the quality is outstanding. Many other clamps styles will marr the chrome on the crash bars.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=
                      Past Rides:
                      1969 OSSA 250 Pioneer
                      1979 XS650 Special
                      1978 Honda CB750K
                      Current: 1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
                      X