Webber carbs for your XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webber carbs for your XS1100

Look at this ebay item. This is a cool looking mod for our XS1100's. Click here: WEBBER CARBS
    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Looks like theyed fit all the way into the battery box.....
    Lota carb for an XS.

mro

Comment

.. bummer, these will only work if you live in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
        .. bummer, these will only work if you live in the UK.
        and whay is that they will work here too
        80 xs11 sg

Comment

Carbs

I know a guy that has a set of these carbs on a Honda Cb750. They run realy good and give the bike a unique look. I think the pictures make them look larger than they are because if they will fit a Honda Cb750 then they will surely fit a XS1100.
          Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

.. well honda-shmonda, i happen to know for a fact that the carbs in the auction that you have listed are not going to work on any XS11 here in America!

Comment

Attitude!!!

Originally posted by GNEPIG
              .. well honda-shmonda, i happen to know for a fact that the carbs in the auction that you have listed are not going to work on any XS11 here in America!
              Well alright GENIUS what is your theory now!!!!!!!! You always have some off the wall comment that ammounts to nothing!!!!!
              Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

what is your theory now!!!!!!!!

If look back at his posts you’d see that GNEPIG's been right almost all the time.

But I don't know about those carbs...........

mro

Comment

excess11, your hot head is very out of place on this site. As was mentioned in the last thread you got all heated about, the civil tone is what sets this site apart from others. GNEPIG is VERY knowledgable and if you chilled out long enough, you might just learn something. I am not saying he knows everything, no one does and that is the point of the site. If you already know everything the you obviously don't need this site. So, ease up around here, please.
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

GNEPIG, do you think they are too long for our machines? I noticed that the throttle pull is horizontal, and ours are vertical, but other than that, should work if not too long?
                    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                    79 F (Blueballs)
                    79 SF (Redbutt)
                    81 LH (organ donor)
                    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                    rover has spoken

Comment

Back off!!!!!

Originally posted by 81xsproject
                      excess11, your hot head is very out of place on this site. As was mentioned in the last thread you got all heated about, the civil tone is what sets this site apart from others. GNEPIG is VERY knowledgable and if you chilled out long enough, you might just learn something. I am not saying he knows everything, no one does and that is the point of the site. If you already know everything the you obviously don't need this site. So, ease up around here, please.
                      As before in other post I am not the one that started with the rude comments. I don't think Gnepig needs a protector either. Hot head shmot-head to you!! I never stated that I know everything,I will leave that to Gnepig. He must be a genius if he can tell from 2 pictures that these carbs will not fit. When the owner states that they will,take that up with him. That is not even what this post was about anyway!!! Gnepig is the one that hyjacked my post and turned it into a battle once again.
                      Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Other Items!!!

Did you see the other items this person is selling, Cool looking polished calipers,engine mounts,forks and tripple tree's. The xs1100 fever must also be contagous in Brittan also!! How long would it take to polish a set of calipers like that. Along time!!
                        Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

polishing

i know it took me a week to do a gsxr frame and thats a ez flat surface so the caliper would be a pain but worth it if you clear coat them after
                          80 xs11 sg

Comment

xs1100 fever must also be contagous in Brittan
                            Yep, certainly is. There's over 200 owners on the XS1100 UK Register and it's growing all the time.
                            Brian
                            XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                            Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Chillin' out for everybody!

Hey Dan(Excess11) and GNEPIG,

I went back and reread the lightening crank thread to refresh my memory...bad as it is!! I am not defending GNEPIG with regards to the facts about that subject, I agree with you Dan in that respect. GNEPIG is an actual certified MC mechanic, but just like ALL of us perhaps doesn't know everything...I certainly don't! I'm learning new stuff about our wonderful machines everyday!

Many of us in our posts make "jabbing/joking" comments as part of a "spirited" discussion on a particular topic. I'm sure Iv'e done it as well, jesting about something that I "THOUGHT" I knew, but after further posts I come to realize and LEARN that I didn't truly know or understand something afterall.

And it was pointed out to me, and others reading and also learning, the err of my ways without the use of belittling comments. This site has a great reputation for being a "FUN" place to come for info and discussions about everything XS and even more. It pangs me to see possibly misunderstood or misinterpreted "jesting" comments being taken as personal insults and then escalating into more of the same!

So....I'm asking everyone to please keep this in mind when reading comments and such about "ANY" topic, and that opinions are just that. And if "we" happen to get our facts wrong, then it'll surely be pointed out "politely" that there is error in our logic, and the TRUTH will eventually be found.

ThanXS and goodnight! T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X