Stand Back Non-believer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Back Non-believer!!!

Now we are getting somewhere. I pulled the bogus baffle out of that MEG-phone...it was one of those double back again rigs with a path of tortuosity twisty-er than the Snake River Canyon.

I built a straight flow through glass packed baffle using a Vance and Hines end cap. The result was a 64 mm Howitzer that sound like a thunder storm. This exhaust is sure to make those puny Harleys RUN FOR THE GARAGE.

This is the MONDO result.

And we're not through yet....just ran out of time. Check out the bottom on this thing...no no better yet check out the top. The middle is a little rich still so I will arise early in the AM and drop the needles one notch and see what happens.

Bear in mind this dyno is a 1750 designed for Legends cars. In a couple months I'll take it to Tulsa and put it on a Bike dyno. I'm betting it will bust 100 hp an 70+ capital "T".

I'm tickled PINK. I see gain everywhere. Once I get the needles on the money it will be even bigger in the mid range.

Zilla is now befitting of the name.

Good night ladies.

AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to see the final results.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I doubt we'll gain much more peak horse power or torque...but the curves should shift upward in the 4500 to 5500 range when I get it leaned out.

Comment

Sounds/looks great! When you first started this, you said you were going to be disappointed if you didn't get around 100 HP with all the money you were puting into it. After the first round of dynos, it was far short of that and you "Acted" like you were ok with that. I'm glad to see you're approaching the numbers you were shooting for and don't have to lie to all of us any more!! Congrats!

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

.. WOW!. good job man!
          how does the bike feel to ride now?

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
            .. WOW!. good job man!
            how does the bike feel to ride now?
            The power is almost...not quite...almost mind bending comapred to stock. As a matter of fact this new found muscle has presented another little problem...one I've never seen with this bike before.

Zilla only has 20,000 miles from the wrist pins down. I've pretty much babied him from day oneso this is not due to abuse. But occasionally....now with 96 hp to the rear wheels and 70 torque...ocassionally in second it will jump a little.

It only does it when I "pour the coals" to it. So I'll just take it eas in second .

Comment

Originally posted by trbig
              Sounds/looks great! When you first started this, you said you were going to be disappointed if you didn't get around 100 HP with all the money you were puting into it. After the first round of dynos, it was far short of that and you "Acted" like you were ok with that. I'm glad to see you're approaching the numbers you were shooting for and don't have to lie to all of us any more!! Congrats!

Tod
              It wasn't an "act". If all I could get was 88 then that was all I could get...I would be forced to be "OK" with it.

However the numbers were'nt adding up. The bike had to make close to 100 ponies with all the work we did. It made 88 hp with the stock exhaust. When I put the 4-1 on it with the big primaries and the big collector and got NOTHING...I knew something was wrong. We should have seen 10% right there.

I soon found out what was wrong/ The baffle look identical to the one Gene pulled out of his Eleven. When I got a "real" baffle in it I finally unchained the beast.

Comment

You're gonna have to ride in the back at Talimena or we won't be able to keep up!

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

After my little "experience" at Tahoe last year I'll fight anyone that WON'T let me ride in the back. Seriously

Comment

One more little diddy. Before we rejetted the bike was lean from the mid range out. We made a few passes at that point and one went 96.4 and 70.3 ft-lbs.

I pulled the carbs and re-jetted. The mains were 108. I installed 115. After that we were dead nut on on top but really rich in the mid range. When I pulled the needles they were already in the top notch so we had to go to a "leaner" needle. We made a guess at the needle setting. That resulted in this run but it is still rich in the 4000 to 6000 rpm range.

I'm hoping that after I get the needles on the money we'll at least see the top numbers we saw before (96 and 70)...maybe a little more.

Comment

64mm Cannon

Here's a photo of the best $20 I ever spent. The hole in the end of this megaphone is almost big enough to park your Eleven in... Truly XSive.

Comment

Max sealing that muffler with a 35mm exit hole could give you some more ponies...

Comment

I am humbled. Keep workin at it. (sounds like the second gear fix will be your next project )
                          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by pggg
                            Max sealing that muffler with a 35mm exit hole could give you some more ponies...
                            Done it! I'll be posting pictures shortly...and the cool thing is the "restrictor" is removable.

Comment

That's what I like about having the SuperTrapp baffle, just add or subtract discs to dial in backpressure.
                              Pat Kelly
                              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                              X