permanent clutch lever fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permanent clutch lever fix

I have about 50 of these jewels left. They are machined stainless steel designed to be inserted into your worn clutch lever. you will have stainless to stainless contact with no more worn alloy.If you have taken the time to polish your lever and want to reuse, here is the answer.Just drill or dremel and insert. I have had mine on for about 3 years with no problems... PM if you are interested...
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

.. finally, a good use for stainless, this setup should last alot longer than original.
    i would like 2

Comment

Would this work for the brake lever as well?
      1979 XS1100 Special (Chrome Queen)

Comment

answers

these inserts will work in the brake lever as well, you will need a longer bolt. I have decided to add a stainless washer to the kits, which will now include the M6x1.0 bolt, washer, and machined ss insert for $5.00 ea for the clutch and $5.00 for the brake (LONGER BOLT INCLUDED) which will include shipping USPS to the continental U.S. Only! My paypal acct. is mottdesigns@yahoo.com. PM me with full mailing adress...
        Last edited by xschop; 08-28-2006, 12:50 PM.
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock

Comment

making clear

You only need to drill, file or dremel the lever itself so the insert fits snug in the new hole.Takes about 5 to 10 minutes to install. A small bit of play in the clutch is good after it is adjusted...
          MDRNF
          79F.....Not Stock

Comment

good cause

Want to let everyone know that a $1 donation will be made to the forum for every isert sold. I am not here to make a profit, I spent a lot of time on this small project and had quite a few of these left and wanted to share my idea with others. I found a cheaper source for the stainless bolts and washers (fastenal: as compared to rape hard, I mean ACE hardware) So, To even make this worth my time and gas, I can sell each kit for $4, or 2 kits for $7 Free shipping and your participation will help out the forum here....
            MDRNF
            79F.....Not Stock

Comment

.. well, guess what i got in the mail today, and i like them.
              i carved out my pivot hole with a dremel and made it a press fit.

..this is the before

..and this is the after

..thanx Chop, what a neat idea

Comment

Working...
              X