soft saddle bas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft saddle bas

Has anyone looked into which of JCWhitney's soft saddle bags would fit an 80G?
    80G XScitant XStreme

"Don't ever give up, don't ever give in, and don't ever read the owner's manual."

-- Red Green

Bikes I have owned --
    '68 Honda 90
    '74 Yamaha Enduro 125
    '75 Husqvarna 250CR
    '85 Kawasaki KLR250
    '80 Kawasaki KZ750H1 LTD

I use the Nelson Riggs "Touring" large bags on my 79 standard. I had to move the turn signals to the plate, and I did my ride alone. The bags cost about $100.00 new, and are nice.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have been using the Bagman soft saddle bags for all these years,replaced one zipper but now they look like I have been hauling watermellons all these years.I wanna update...any suggestions? I have the turn signal relocation kit instaled so that is not a problem. I like the ease that I can take them off into the motel or wherever. Gotta be black as my bike is,'80 special. Slipstreamer used to make them but have not checked out their web site or even been to my dealer yet.
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

I just burned a hole in my Willie and Max saddle bags I had not noticed it had dropped on the supertrapp. I just added a set of heat shields to them. You may want to take some measurements before you order. Mine are 13 inches deep and touch unless they are mounted perfectly. So anything around 10-11 inches should be fine. And these are 16 long and I can still get a passenger on. I like the soft bags and the fact I can pull them pretty quick
        I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

Well I am still running stock exhaust so I think that helps over a 4into 1.
          '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

I bought a set off ebay. They were alittle long and would touch the pipes once i mounted them under the seat. I just cut the strap in half and pulled them up and re-mounted the seat. Works perfect.

jason

Comment

All talk...NO PICS???

soft saddle bags
              If/when I get the MNS running had thought about putting some on.
              How about a few pics of what you guys are using?

mro

Comment

From Steppenwolf

Hey MRO,

Here's a few shots from Steppenwolf, but he'll have to tell you what brand/model they are....he's just having 'puter issues, so I'm posting these for him!
                T.C.

T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Many thanks TC,
                  They are Bagman soft saddle bags about 26 years old,replaced one zipper. If they still make them I should just get another set because they performed so well all theses years. Was just thinking of getting something bigger. Don't want hard luggage.
                  Bags I' ve seen on other bikes are two small and look cheap,fake leather and would probably stretch out in a year after getting wet a few times.
                  When I put the nylon covers on they still look good tho.
                  '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Mercha..._code=MLCL-850
                    Has any one tried these or saw them in person? Looks like what I am looking for..would ask my local dealer(an independent) about them first before I would buy on line to see if he can get them or if he has an opinion if they are good or bad.
                    Thanks..Bill
                    '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

DiverRay...geezzee..some how I glanced over your reply,sorry.
                      They look pretty good,do they disconect easily?Still holding up?
                      I have already moved my turn signals to the license plate bracket.
                      My Bagman's have been thru heck the last 25 years,a good bag but wore out.
                      '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Yes, they work well. If you look at the pics from this years Tahoe Rally, you will see them. I only use them once or twice a year, as the box I have carries my normal food run, books and laptop, etc. I did notice the bags come with a rain cover, but all it will do is trap water so everything is wet! I now use the plastic roll-up bags for travel, and I can fit even more inside, and it will be dry. Here is the link.
                        http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=15193
                        My bike has the Pacifico fairing and Vetter box. Some of the pics show the bike without the bags, and some of the later ones show the bags. The shot of the back of Maximans and my bike going into the tree shows the width of the bags. you can see the reflective tape on them.
                        Ray Matteis
                        KE6NHG

Comment

Thanks for the get back Ray,looks like what I want. I keep my bags on all the time carrying differnet things for work or out shopping or a 12 pack of my favorite brew but like the convience of just grabbing the bags off the bike and hauling into the house,motel or tent. Yuppers on soft luggage covers...more for looks so I use the ole stand by plastic garbage bags inside which has always worked for me. This particular model looks like what I have been looking for ,will call my independent dealer tomorrow to see if he can order them or if I should buy them on line..prefer my dealer.
                          Thanks Ray again...was that a shameless plug for your ride you guys did:-):-) Looked like too much fun even tho I already saw it.
                          '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

I didn't need to plug the ride. Most people have heard of the Pacific Coast Highway, and Lake Tahoe, in the Sierra Nevada Range! But then, Markleville may be a new name to most people, as would Monitor Pass. The Golden Gate Bridge IS famous world wide!, but the "duel on the bridge" isn't...
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG

Comment

Are you a cheapskate?

Well, so am I.
                              anyone not wanting to pay the full whack for name brand motorcycle soft luggage should look in Princess Auto (in Canada) or whoever the equivalent store is elsewhere for ATV or snowmobile soft bags. Same quality gear at half the price or less. Same problems, generic stuff never fits quite right but WTF, it straps on and hauls stuff OK.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X