criminny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• criminny!

coming home tonight i noticed a sharp pop and an increase in grumbliness from the exhaust on the right side of the bike. The noise seemed to be coming from the carbs, but it put my hand down and didn't feel any bursts of air or heat... Got home, looked at the engine and saw a faint blue glow coming from the fron of the bike...

Your Mileage May Vary

Studs broken off, or just worked themselves loose?
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Seeing that has given me an idea... See through headers Now who has that receipe for transparent aluminium
      David
      XS1100G (3X1 000274) "Torquey"

You can think of a lightning bolt as essentially a really really big bug zapper. Unfortunatey, we're the bugs.

Comment

see through alright!

Originally posted by Ken Talbot
        Studs broken off, or just worked themselves loose?
        Fortunately it's just the bolts having worked themselves loose and I have a spare set I can glom off another model, but it sure gave me a startle to see the blue light coming out of my heads!

Must be something in the air tonight - an hour later there was a pretty major hit and run on a parked car on our block - the parked car got moved over ten feet up onto the lawn from the street! I'm just glad I made it through another day in one piece...

Best,
        pdk
        Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

If you are lucky, you won't need to replace the head pipe gasket(s).
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I think Scotty gave the guy the formula in " The Voyage Home". I guess he hasn't marketed it yet.
            Think of the uses..........
            1.See thru gas tanks ....no gauge needed
            2.neon fired wheels....use them to hypnotize cagers into paying attention to bike riders
            3. see thru cylinders...wouldn't need a timing light...just see when number 1 is firing.
            78E ... Gone but not forgotten
            2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Setting fuel mixtures would also be a breeze. No more glass spark plug needed.
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

1No sight glass or dip stick needed to check oil...although I know a few dip sticks that this won't effect
                2.Unbreakable headlight lens
                3.Able to check oil and air filters with just a peek
                78E ... Gone but not forgotten
                2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

<holds mouse like microphone>

Computer...computer?

What's this, a keyboard? How quaint!

That's one of my favorite scenes from the star trek movies, When he makes the formula for transparent aluminum.

I've actually seen transparent aluminum, but it's composited with a ceramic, and mostly opaque. Not very useful as it is....
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

There's transparent concrete.... well...... almost transparent...... opaque maybe.

Light Transmitting Concrete

Whats being billed as transparent aluminum is actually a ceramic made with Alumina (aluminum oxide).
                    Last edited by Jeff; 08-23-2006, 05:26 PM.
                    1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

Comment

Working...
                    X