Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There comes a time in every motorcycles life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There comes a time in every motorcycles life...

There comes a time in every motorcycles life that it needs to be passed on to a new owner. I've got WAY to many other bikes and other projects and this is one of the bikes that needs to go to someone who can trully enjoy it. My question is what dyall think i should ask for it? Its a 78 standard with about 17k original miles. I brought it down with me from canada when i moved so its got a 240 speedo (160, and it shows miles as well). Has a vetter fairing, windshield has a small crack, hard saddle bags, bang bars around them, trunk, king/queen corban? seat, am radio (dont know if it works or if its even hooked up...). the worst part of the whole bike is the mufflers, they are rotting at the tips but you cant see it due to the saddle bags. it has a couple of other minor issues as well. this has been my daily driver all summer but i just dug my XL350 out and am having way to much fun on it! so, whats it worth?

p.s.- i've got a bunch of yamaha dirtbikes/enduros i'd like to sell... yz, mx, dt, at1, ty, etc. if anyones interested...

If the exhaust system was fixed and there is no rusty cancer, and if the bike looks good, maybe 1400 USD would be a good starting price. In its current exhaust state, I would say perhaps 700 USD.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I bought the exact same set-up(no radio)last Dec. for $700. Hadn't run for several years(yours runs), but also got a spare engine and enough parts for a second bike with the deal.
      Really hard to put a price on...Depends on overall general condition, etc. These are great bikes, but they're still old (low mileage doesn't count) and things tend to fail over time.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I paid $700 for mine a couple of years ago. 30K on the odometer. It ran well enough that I felt comfortable with engine internals but it needed a carb job and tank relining. It had Vetter bags, trunk, and fairing. I've had to put abot another $500 to $600 hundred in carb rebuild, new carb boots, pick up coils and tires.
        78E ... Gone but not forgotten
        2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Where is the bike located? Maybe one of the XSives here on the site is interested. Nothing pains us more than the though of one going out as parts.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

i'm about an hour north of spokane, wa. dont worry- the bike wont be going anywhere as parts! i dont really need to sell it, i've just got to many bikes to give them all the attention they need. I'm going to run an add in the local paper and if i dont get any interested buyers she'll probably get lubed/cleaned/prepped and stored for a while...

Comment

Working...
            X