What parts from 79 can fit an 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What parts from 79 can fit an 80

Looking at things like highway bars, side covers, seat, and carbs. Just wondering if they can swap from a 79 to 80 both bikes being specials.
    80 XS1100LG

carbs, different, but whole bank is ok to change, other engine parts will swap, if TCI located same place seat should be OK too.

79' hand controls (at least on standards) do not have the four way flasher switch (left side) and 80's right control do not have the lights on/of switch.

Have found many little changes between years, but also many parts will swap with out a problem.

mro

Comment

Re: What parts from 79 can fit an 80

Originally posted by 77crewcab
      Looking at things like highway bars, side covers, seat, and carbs. Just wondering if they can swap from a 79 to 80 both bikes being specials.
      The side covers will not swap, the seat from an 80 will fit a 79. but the 79 seat will not swap, the hand rail and tail light are in the way. I have a 79 seat on my 80, but I had to lose the hand rail/tail light, and replace them with the tail light from a 79. Hiway bars will swap. The carbs will swap, but may need to be rejetted. Yamaha changed the internals of the carbs from 79 to 80.

Comment

Working...
      X