No announcement yet.

Newbie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay figured out the seat removal but does anyone know about my other two questions above?
    80 XS1100LG

Comment

I am here in Ft. Worth 5min from John. As for the other questions, could you post some photos? It might be easier to tell what you have if it can be seen.
      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

80 midnight special

Cool, like em the best.........

should fit in above headers.
        two holes up front for bracket. two lower "curved" parts of bracket get a hose clamp ea. to hold it on.

mro

Comment

Okay I think I have figured out that I have the Jardine 4 into 2 headers. They are black and kind of rusty but seem okay with the exception of the mufflers which need to be replaced. I am thinking of something like these listed on ebay for mufflers. I have access to a blast cabinet and welder at work so that is no problem. Then I am thinking of painting them with flat black muffler paint.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWA%3APIC

As for the fairing it is in good shape but will need to replace some of the wiring. After looking at the bracket I am convinced it is not for the XS1100 but with some modification I can make it work. I have looked for a picture of the correct bracket both on its own and installed and can't find one. Could someone help me on that. As long as I have a visual reference I can build it to fit with no problem.
          80 XS1100LG

Comment

Okay I have pics up now at http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...crewcabxs1100/
            Don't have pics of the fairing bracket as I am just going to have to cut it and rebuild it to fit. I would still like to seem some pics of the correct bracket for an 1100 though also a good shot of just the bracket mounted to the bike to get an idea of how high it sits on the bike if anyone has one.
            80 XS1100LG

Comment

Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Wow! Sorry about the physical size of the drawing, gang. Geez it is only like 115K
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Cool Picture

I could not figure out how to import this picture so I will put it up as a link. Maybe Tc can do it later!!!
                  Midnight Special The Midnight Specials are in my opinion one of the best looking XS11's made!!!!!! If Yamaha still made this bike I would be at the dealer signing the papers!!!
                  Last edited by excess11; 08-12-2006, 11:04 PM.
                  Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Thanks! It looks like I may not have as much work to do as I had thought. Do you happen to have any pics of it mounted? And is this for a standard or special or are they the same?
                    80 XS1100LG

Comment

Crewcabs Bike Photo

Put these up to be more convieniant ,
                      Nice project !!

To do this I went to the choices under each photo in photobucket . click left mouse button to select IMG . It goes blue ...
                      Then click in the blue with right mouse . Click COPY ....
                      Then come in this section , click the right mouse , then paste .
                      It will paste to where your cursor is ...

Bob
                      1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
                      1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

Thanks I wasn't sure how to post the pics here. So can anyone confirm what brand of headers I have? Are they the Jardines?
                        80 XS1100LG

Comment

Yeah, they look just like my Jardines, only not as shiney.

Comment

Working...
                          X