X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb kit Quality

Is this a good set ???
    XS1100 (1979) Carb Rebuild Kit
    XS1100 (79) Carb Rebuild Kit. Includes the following, Float Bowl Gasket, Float Needle & Seat, Main Jet, Pilot Jet, Jet Needle, Mixture Screw & Spring.

Part #48-1972 $14.95 USD
    https://www.carbkitscapital.com/carb...a&model=XS1100
    Thanks
    Bob
    1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
    1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Bob,

That's a phenominal price for a full kit. Let us know how it works out. Many of us have been burned using the K&L kits, so this may be a good alternative.

Comment

customer service ???Hello

This is a copy of an inquiry I e-mailed to the company . No phone number available ...
      So far no responce , but will give em a chance !!
      Quote:

Hi ,
      I am interested in kit Part #48-1972 For a 1979 Yamaha XS1100Special . Brand name ?
      Would like to know the main jet size .. Would like to know return policy ...
      Also if you can get throttle shaft seals??
      I know a lot of people interested in these parts also and will advise them too
      Thank you
      Bob
      End Quote :

Fingers crossed , meanwhile looked up part numbers for shaft seals, pilot jets , air jets , float pins etc . Oh , new idle jets .
      I only had less than ten bucks in parts , but thats not gonna happen !!!
      My Yamaha.com is really neat . you can make a wish list and print out you p/n's and qty's ...

Later
      Bob
      1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

Beats the hell out of Mirriams price of $45 per kit!!!! At $14 a kit, I just might go thru mine again before the TeXSive rally.
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Great price carb kit

I'd like to get a reply from them in case its not the right stuff in the kit . THey show the wrong idle screw in the photo . But may be a genaric photo ??
          The cost of this is good enough to throw the parts away that might be wrong ...
          Even if we end up with a gasket and float needle/valve ...

Bob

Comment

It might be a Keyster kit because they usually include the jet needles. I've heard they're pretty good.
            2010 Kawasaki Z1000
            1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

At them prices, I'd be willing to give the carbs a go. I could afford a mistake or two. Not at 45 bucks a pop tho. Let us know when you get an answer.
              1979 XS1100 SF
              Under Construction,
              Due out by Spring '07
              "Some days, it ain't even worth chewing through the restraints."

TomKat

Comment

Ordered today

I just placed the order for four kits , will keep you posted on what they are ....

My yamaha dealer can get very little and what they have is pretty expensive ...
                I got the butterfly shaft seals for $5.00 each and new float pins . not too bad...
                But 10 bucks for a float bowl gasket is insane !!!

I need a hand finding the butterfly screws and could use a throttle shaft I damaged ...Number four carb ...

Will watch for my package to arrive !!

Bob

Comment

underdod57,

here is a link to Parker Yamaha for the butterfly screws. I've used them for my '81LH and were a perfect fit - although slightly longer than the originals.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/browsepr...ate-Screw.HTML

Comment

Carb screws

Hi Brian ,
                    Are those screws pan head . Flat where they contact ...??
                    Mine are recessed , counter sunk ...might still work...

Thanks
                    Bob

Comment

Bob,

will check this afternoon and respond back. I had ordered a couple extras for the oh $h*t situations. as far as I can remember, the screws were identical to what I removed with the exception of length and color. as to the throttle shaft, I too had to drill out one of the original screws and was slightly off center - but with the valve inserted and a dab of locktite on the screw threads, the shaft was still useable.

Brian

Comment

Hmmmm

My credit card bill shows partsnmore on this sale ..
                        hope this is good ??
                        I never did get a reply on two inquiries I sent them

Bob

Comment

Kits are Here

The kits say made in Japan and are "Tour Max" says "high performance equipment" under the brand ...

Bob

Comment

Hey Underdog, I'm fearful, are you there?

Just reviving this thread for a new member, has questions about the Tour Max carb kits... how did they work out for you, were they any good??? Thanks in advance, Dog!
                            T.C.
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hi TC ,
                              Good catch on this thread , took awhile before I tried the kits .

I would buy the kits for everything BUT the jet needle and idle mix screws.
                              Jet needle looks differant and cheap so did not try it .
                              The Idle mix jets tips were cheap and off center of the screw body ...
                              For the cost the other jets are good , has the main and pilot jets , float valve and seat , gasket ..

I did use an idle mixture screw as my other originals had broken tips . It is running pretty good now ....

I want a source of good idle mix screws ...

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X