Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main jet stripped , need tap size

Hi guys/gals ,
    Just picked up a 1979 Xs11 special this week , plus an 82 1100 Maxxum as a parts bike ...$700.00 for both ...

On the XS1100 Special , One the the main jets twisted off . I drilled and used a Lisle easy out .But it still has a small thin bit of main jet in the Needle Air jet . Thinking if I run a tap through it will clean it up ...What size is it , A 5MM ??And which pitch??

Great site , tried a search but did not find anything on my question ...

Thanks in advance
    Bob
    1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
    1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Re Main jet thread size

In case anyone needs to know ...

The thread size is 5MM X .75 pitch . got a hold of a metric pitch gage . Hope the tap is available , will let ya know...

Hope to hear it run friday when I get a new main jet ....
    Hope to clean up the neeedle jet with the tap if not might need to find a used needle jet that is good . Can you buy them new still??

C/ya
    Bob
    1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

http://www.pro-flo.com/proflo_carb_p...#Jet%20Needles

Comment

dog' ignore that link, as they're for VM mikuni carbs, but all the parts for the XS11 BS carbs are available,any motorbike shop will get them.

Comment

Thanks PGGG ,
          Was wondering about parts avail as on the web stores , the needle jet did not come up with a price ..

Not sure about the Needle jet size either as it measured 4.9MM and a 5MM X .75MM tap is not showing up in any catalogs, ,,??
          Might be odd.

Really cant wait to hear this run !!! So far I bought it and it fired and stalled . Found a pinched off fuel line plus this jet problem ...
          Should be an easy fix !!

Just picked up my permit , Have not ridden a motorcycle in over 25 years . So this should be way more than enough bike !!!

Will call on the jet , Thanks again !

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X