Odd Idle and another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Idle and another question

When I am warming up my engine in the morning I have discovered that the engine will idle smoother and at a slightly higher speed when the bike is upright as compared to when it's on the side stand. I do not recall this behavior with my first XS11. Should I be concerned?
    2nd question... how come some of the forums will not allow the starting of new threads?
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Leaned over, the floats and float valves are working sideways, so the fuel level in the bowls is going to be all haywire. Stand it up and everything levels off and the fuel levels are what they should be.
    TMSAISTI...

The technical articles sections (repair, maintenance, modifications, riding, miscellaneousetc) can only be written to by a couple of administrators. We have a 'tips under construction' area in a restricted administrative forum where we prepare articles, critique them, and try to weed out all of the errors before we post them so others can see them. These are meant to be the concise technical articles without a lot of general chatter in them. 'Just the facts' please.

Other than those sections, you can post to all of the other forum areas.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
    X