Found a 78 xs11 standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture

Heres a picture of the bike if you guys wanna take a look at it. I may post more later when I go to look at it.[IMG][/IMG]
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Same here. Pay no more than $150. Without the fairing, you need a headlight and turn signals as well. And what about the handle bar controls (levers, switches) that usually break on a lay-down? You are going to have a lot of time and effort in this.
      Yamaha Believer

Jack of all trades - Master of none

79 XS1100, Macho Maroon
      80 XS1100, came and gone
      80 XS650 Special, friends for years
      86 XV1100, putt-around-town bike

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since he laid it down?

I haven't seen it mentioned here. If it has sat for several years, pay close attention to the condition of the lowest part of the exhaust and the inside of the gas tank. Give the exhaust a couple of sharp raps with your knuckles... it might look in great shape, but all you may have left is the chrome. The rusty tank can usually be repaired, as long as it doesn't have large holes in it. And the exhaus can be fixed relatively cheaply with after market mufflers.

If you find these problems, use them as a bargaining tool to get the price down even lower.
        Brian
        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
        remembering the same thing!

Comment

Trashed

Well boys it was a sad sight to see. Forks twisted. exhaust all bent up. Master cylinder on the bars worn through by road rash. Engine bars worn through so you could see the inside. Trashed rear tire. rear caliper had been taken apart and left outside to rust, completely unuseable. Mangled and shattered guages, torn seat, and no lights anywhere on the bike. So I guess its back to the classifieds. If anyone finds an XS11 for cheap in the St. Louis area PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks for all the friendly advice guys but i think that this fella can keep his pile o' metal
          '
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X