xj carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj carbs

Is there complete kits availablefor these carbs. Or maybe a conversion to a more user friendly carbs?

You should be able to use a kit for the 80-81 XS. Just about everything is the same. The jet sizes my be slightly different in size, but I'm not sure.

Comment

The carb stock pilot and main jets are different than the XS, but honestly, these carbs are EXTREMELY user friendly. The hardest part is getting them in and out if you have the stock airbox. If you decide to at some point, if you install the individual air filters and get rid of the octopus, taking the carbs out is about a 2 minute job.... about the same going back in.

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

What i ment by user friendly is parts availability i need needles seats and bowl gaskets.

Comment

Kits to rebuild are widely available. I have bought several on eBay.

Also try PartsNmore.com

Comment

Parts are available and fairly reasonable... except for that rubber skirt on the slide. Be very careful with that. They are still readily available, just expensive. Most gaskets are available too, but many prefer to just simply make their own.... cheap and kind of fun. I personally got tired of buying those cam adjuster gaskets when I can make one in a couple minutes... with Felpro gasket material. A single hole paper punch works great for the screw holes... as I learned from TC.

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own