What do I have XS1100 (E,F,SF)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have XS1100 (E,F,SF)??

Just bought a XS1100 not sure if it's a plane XS1100 or and E,For SF. The title just has XS1100 I there a place I can look that it may tell me?
    79 XS11

Hey Rappin,

Look at the right(as your sitting on it) side of the steering head, there's a VIN# stamped into the frame there, or you can get the VIN# off of your Registration, then go to http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=396in the MISC section and match up your Serial # with what you find listed, and you'll be "Sorta" able to determine it's age/heritage!?

Some PO's mix and match parts, check your engine, there's a plate just above the clutch housing cover with the VIN# stamped into it as well, should match frame # so you'll know if you have the OEM frame and engine combo!

Also, you can look in the pictures section and see what looks like yours, the Specials have the tear drop tanks, leading front axle, round gauges/headlights, etc.. The Standards have the knee depressions in the squarish tank, axle on bottom of front forks, square headlight/gauges/turn signals.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey TopCatGr58

It looks like I have a XS1100F. The Vin # starts out 2H7, motor and frame match, but the tank dosn't have the knee depressions in the tank. Square gauges, axle on bottom of front forks but round headlight.
      Thanks Rappin
      79 XS11

Comment

Working...
      X