Standard tank Fuel petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard tank Fuel petcock

Hi there, has anyone out there have a good, working, fuel petcock off of a Standard tank to sell? I have a couple I bought off of Ebay and neither work properly. Tried to rebuild but both leak like a bad tap! I have a good one but need one more! I appreciate any replies!! Thanks.
    Cam

Hey Lisk,

Actually you don't really need the other petcock. Folks here have posted that they have more than enough fuel flow from just one to provide all four carbs. Just run a "Y" from the one good working one, and then to both pairs of carbs.

Also, just make a plate and seal off the other petcock opening!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

One Petcock

Not a bad idea TC but I may go the dual route if possible! I never thought the single one would give enough fuel flow for all 4 carbs. Thanks for the idea though, I'll keep it in mind. Cameron
      Cam

Comment

Doin' the math!

Well,

Running the bike at 5krpm around 70mph, 35mpg, that's 30 minutes for just one gallon. I'm sure if you hooked up the petcock to free flow, that it would EMPTY much sooner than 30 minutes for all 5 gallons! It's your $$!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Lisk, did you clean out the small orifice in the body of the petcock? Check this thread for a more detailed explanation and a photo of the problem area.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Fixed!!!

Well guys, between all of your advice I managed to get the one I had rebuilt and working properly. Don't know what I did before I found this website for all this help from all of you. Thanks again for taking the time to pass on your expertise!! See ya, I'm gone ridin'!!Cameron
            Cam

Comment

Working...
            X